Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Not So Personal Note to JP

Since "the dog" ate your keyboard, I thought I would illustrate the profound point I made on your blog earlier today. Which is that the opening credits of "Friends" did, in fact, change over the years. Thank you.


Season 1

Please note, goofy dancing in fountain. No clips.



Season 6

Goofy dancing, interspersed with clips. Different clips than you'll see in the next video, which for reasons known only to myself, is out of order chronologically.



Season 3

Note, sweeping shot of NYC BEFORE goofy fountain dancing commences.



If only I could have found the clip where everyone was an Arquette. Good times.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but, yes, they were good times.





good ole days of smelly cat

Ah

October 18, 2007 8:35 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Duh. Post edited to explain. And now I'm going to go look for the smelly cat video.

October 18, 2007 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I will give partial credit for the minor changes that were made each season. But really, the changes were all editing related and had nothing to do with modifying the music, nor did the cast EVER reshoot anything just for the opening.

My point was that each season's credits should differentiate themselves somehow from the season before, and Friends did not do that.

I'm not explaining this very well; let me get Cosby on the line.

The song itself remained unch

October 18, 2007 10:40 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

"Unch"?

October 18, 2007 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home