Friday, July 13, 2007

Other Honors and Accolades

I have been in a very photo-smacky, template shuffling sort of mood today. Must be the weather. Anyway, with all the Blogger Awards that have been flying around the 'hood this week, I decided that those who have been presented with one of Blogopia's most prestigious awards should have a little something to put in their sidebars, should they so choose. Something like this: And while there is nothing particularly to keep anyone from kyping it, I expect there's just too much integrity in our little community for that sort of behavior and only those who have truly merited this coveted award would even dream of displaying it oh, so proudly. (It could be better, I grant you but to do some more exciting things to it I have to find some disk and lord knows where it might be).

Speaking of Koihead, I have noticed some glaring omissions as regards the Esteemed Order and intend to rectify that right now.

First, I must induct my darling Buck because he possesses so many of the qualities most valued in a Koihead: creativity, kindness, generosity and humor. Plus he let us live in his apartment for a week. And he's a good and supportive friend.


Second, and when I say "second" it is only because that comes after "first" but in no way implies a lesser order of magnitude, or in this case, Koitude, is The Hat. It's not just because she is a homegirl (and now she really, truly is) or because she's delightful or because she has the sweetest voice you ever heard but because she very patiently answers my html questions and helps me with all manner of behind the scenes template-y things that I can't figure out on my own. Plus she looks very fetching in hats and as I always say, nothing is more fetching than a koihead.



Congratulations, kids. Welcome to the Esteemed Order of the Koihead.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Sling opined...

..and so the ranks grow...eeeeexcelent!

July 13, 2007 5:12 PM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I've had a hell of a week at work and being and esteemed member of the koi head is just what I needed on a Friday. You're so sweet, my friend.
Smooch.

July 13, 2007 5:19 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Was she drinking in that pix? Was she? Wow, so do you koi heads do charities and benefits and stuff? Sounds like a really nice award...congrats.

July 13, 2007 6:09 PM  
Blogger Eric opined...

Can I make a nomination into the exhalted order?
I would like to nominate the Barista Brat.(Just so we can get a picture) I know sling will second this.

July 13, 2007 7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Oh.My.Yord.
I am...
honored and speechless and...
and...
can't get this funky smell out of my hair, what the hell is that?
Ah well.
(psst...don't tell my mom about the alkeehall)

July 13, 2007 7:48 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

They are a rarified breed, Sling. As you well know.

Oh, Buck, you're just more than welcome. It's long overdue.

Rosie, drinking? The Hat? Your own child? Not hardly. Nu-uh. Nope. As for the Order, it's the usual fraternal order kind of thing: spagetti dinners, forming an honor guard for the Pope, cribbage tournaments to raise money for our hospital. Like that.

Honey, much as I love both you and the Brat, the Order is not something to which one is nominated. One can only hope that one is born a Koihead and that the essence of his or her koiheadedness will eventually be revealed. Not to say the Brat couldn't someday be in the Order...it's just not how things are done. Because I'm completely subjective like that.

Hat, as with Jon, this is long overdue. The smell, well, that doesn't so much go away as you just get used to it. And I totally covered for you with your mom. She thinks we were at the Shake Shack. Oh. Wait...

July 13, 2007 8:02 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Huzzah! Congrats all 'round!!

July 14, 2007 7:05 AM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

Congrats to all!

July 14, 2007 7:12 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Red, Mouse...aren't you nice? Mouse, does this mean you're home? I must away to your blog to see!

July 14, 2007 8:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Congrats to the newest members of the order. Sigh....I can only hope that someday I, too, will be so exalted. :)

July 16, 2007 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home