Friday, July 13, 2007

He's My Daddy

You know how in small communities people will do things like leave their keys under the door mat when they go out of town so that the neighbor can come feed the cat? We didn't leave our key under the mat when we went to Chicago, of course. That would just be silly, what with living in a big town and all that. But we did give a key to The Neighbor because she's The Neighb. We trust her implicitly. If we ask her to come feed our cat we know that she's going to do just exactly that and nothing else. Well, she might do other nice things, like pluck roses and leave them on the dining room table or bring over some fresh banana bread to welcome us home. And even though she was totally just doing us a favor because we asked without any sort of payment or anything, she certainly wouldn't take advantage of the fact that she had the keys to our house. She wouldn't use it as an opportunity to mess with our stuff or rearrange the furniture.

I don't know what made me think of that.

Anyway, as you can see, a certain someone who, most days, I ♥ very much made a shiny new banner for my blog. I think it is very pretty. Not as pretty as he is, but still. Making that banner was something he didn't have to do. And I know for a fact that doing it cut a little into his ray-catching time. This was, really and without putting too fine a point on it, a very generous and kind thing for a friend to do for another friend. And he's modest as all get out so he won't like that I'm making such a fuss. "Oh, please, tweren't nothing," he'll say, while he scuffs his shoes on the floor and looks all flushed and embarrassed. "You'd do the same for me", he'll say. "Really, it was nothing. Stop making such a to-do. And golly, you look really terrific today. Is that a new frock?" (See, because he's all about the self-deprecation and turning the attention away from himself).

Well, it is a big deal, to me at least, and I so wanted to do something nice to thank him. He's already an Esteemed Member of the Exalted Order of Koihead and has enough applesauce cake in his freezer to last for at least 6 months. What to do?

It's not much, but I arranged a little tete a tete, just him and the most beautiful woman in the world. I got a few little snacks and some beer and then snuck out quietly, leaving them to gaze fondly into one anothers eyes. Although I did snap a little piccie, just to mark the occasion, because I know he'll just be pinching himself for days after this to see if it was for real.



Thanks for your help, Poodle. It's a lovely banner and I'm very pleased. And you are so never going to be an admin on this blog ever again.

Labels: , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger rosemary opined...

A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!! Very nice, very elegant....just very very. JP, you little sweetheart. What a nice friend you are. You look cute in that pix as well. Lorraine, nice thank you. Gosh you two are nice people.

July 13, 2007 3:36 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Cool Banner!..
Sometimes I think JP has no idea how much he rocks!

July 13, 2007 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Aww. Which tabloid was the picture of me and Olivia in? I thought we were being discrete.

July 13, 2007 3:55 PM  
Blogger more cowbell opined...

Whoa!! I thought I'd had too many Jello shooters last night, and landed in the wrong blog! Looks great. Very superfantastic. You didn't tell me you had the hookup with Olivia.

July 13, 2007 4:34 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yeah, it's real classy like, isn't it, Rosie? As for nice, well, I know I try to be...

Sling, I think you are totally right about that.

You were being discreet, Poodle. I'm the one who's not. I'm currently engaged in a bidding war with three of the top tabloids, People AND Vanity Fair for rights to publish the picture. Oh, and you'll like this, Perez Hilton called and asked if he could use it and I just laughed and laughed and laughed at him. And then I slammed down the phone super duper hard. Hee hee hee.

July 13, 2007 4:43 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Cowbell, oh, honey, the people I know. I don't like to brag about it, you know, because sometimes it makes people jealous. But if I can use my vast and stunning connections to do a little favor for a friend, I'm all over it.

July 13, 2007 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Oh yes, this is much better. And I'm only slightly jealous that he got to meet Kira.

July 13, 2007 7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Scratch that. I'm not jealous at all because that is clearly Sandy.

July 13, 2007 7:52 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thought you'd approve, Hat. Like the new colors for the links and such? I hope you're proud because it all owes to your fine, fine influence.

And yeah, that's Sandy. She's adorable, but not a Muse.

July 13, 2007 7:57 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Heh heh. Hat is funny.

And the new banner is lovely.

July 14, 2007 7:07 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Hat's always funny, Red. And thanks. Me likey very much.

July 14, 2007 8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

She might look all sweet and innocent in that picture, but you will not believe what happened when we got to the carnival later that night.

I got chills, and they were multiplyin'.

July 14, 2007 10:30 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

A goddess AND a vixen. Boy, did you score. (You did score, didn't you?)

July 14, 2007 10:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

I was MIA for a few days, so only saw this new banner just moments ago. My first thought was "wow! How cool is that?!" and then I wondered which of our blog buddies made it for you. I shoulda known. VERY awesome! I love it. And of course, the "gift" you gave him...well, that was the bestest.

July 16, 2007 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home