Monday, April 02, 2007

Monday Stuff

This week is going to be massively nuts. Tonight is the only night I get to spend at home. Tomorrow I'm doing some Passover babysitting for the Rabbi's grandson. Wednesday there is a meeting at school. (You know how I hate evening meetings but someone is coming from the SPD to talk about internet safety and teens and that's a pretty important topic). Thursday is Holy Thursday so we'll be at church.

To balance the equation, The Child is starting her service hours for this trimester, working 3 days a week helping with different after school activities. Which means mama doesn't have to pick her up until 4 or 4:30 most days. Love that.

Yesterday the weather really got into the whole April Fools concept. It was bright and fragrant but the sun was deceptive. It was frakking cold all day. So cold, that even though it was April, I felt completely justified in making chicken and biscuits for dinner. Winter food in springtime. It was really yummy.

Yesterday was also Palm Sunday. YAY! Lent is almost over, officially ending on the Thursday evening, when the Holy Triduum, or 3 Days, begin. This Lent has kicked my butt. I'm going to be really, really, REALLY ready for the feast of Easter.

Not that I'm complaining. Lent is supposed to kick your butt, one way or the other. There's been a lot of reflection and wrestling and plenty of realizations. The self-examined life, they say, is not worth living. But Lent is heavy on the examination part. I suppose it's not unlike studying for a really big test. You have to do it, you know it will bear fruit, sometimes you discover little nuggets of truth that escaped you during the regular classwork. But in the end, you really can't wait for it to all be over. Hopefully, some of what I learned will stay with me instead of falling out of the back of my head.

Crap. School just called. The Child is sick.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole opined...

Kisses to the child. hey, got a good hot cross buns recipe? seriously.

April 02, 2007 11:42 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

She appreciates that, N. I think she'll live.

And yes, yes I do. I'll post it.

April 02, 2007 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

No more midnight birthday parties. I'm putting my foot down.

April 02, 2007 2:59 PM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

Yeah, this Lent really has felt quite long, hasn't it? But it's also been very useful, but then maybe that's putting too self-centred a slant on it.

Hope The Child gets better soon.

April 02, 2007 3:16 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Duly noted, Uncle JP. You're the worst uncle in the world...waa waa.

Really super long, D. As in 2 weeks into it I was saying, "Is it Easter yet". And it's not even like I was suffering or something noble like that.

April 02, 2007 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home