Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I Tried Grish. Good Thing Your Moniker is Grish, Huh?

It's the first letter one memorizes. It is used so commonly, one neglects to notice. Until one loses the key for the letter & is forced to find other words to express emotion & story without resorting to the use of words holding the letter in question.

It is not simple. Try it if you don't believe me.

I find myself brimming with joy when I don't need to use the letter. My url: http://dothedishesfirst.blogspot.com. Not once need I use the letter, the horrible letter, the offending letter. It gives me joy to write of blog friends: JP, Sling, City Mouse, Red, Jon. But others whom I love, not so much. They must be shunned.

It is not possible to tell you of the food we consumed @ dinner. We devoured fish with pine nuts & butter. The rest must be left to shrouded mystery. The letter is involved.

My pinky is sore from trying to force the key to work.

Even the book which is full of substitute words is impossible to identify to you without use of the key. This is demented.

Useful keys, neglected keys come into use. Shift 2 gives me @. Shift 7 gives me &. This is helpful. But they do not solve my problems. The letter I'm seeking to not use is not deftly circumvented. My own moniker mocks me. My tete throbs with trying to find substitutes.

Over 200 words. I did it. But I give up. I must phone Sinji @ Dell. Now.

Labels:

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

My I be the first to congrtulte you on one brillintly written piece.

in sympthy,

nyb

April 25, 2007 10:56 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thnk you.

April 25, 2007 10:57 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

This piece is simply stunning. Guinness & Ripley should deign to give you prizes.

April 25, 2007 11:37 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Ooh, prizes. I hope they're shiny.

April 25, 2007 11:42 AM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Lol, love it. It is amazing the popular American names those foreign lads have now-a-days.

It is hard to work around letters and words that your used to..

You know my laptop has a plug in for an external keyboard. You might go into the hubbies room and borrow one of his until he gets home from work. Oh, and if he minds, don't tell him I said so..:-P

April 25, 2007 12:27 PM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

I'm impressed!

I forget exactly which novel it was ('Keep The Aspidistra Flying'? 'The Clergyman's Daughter'?) but it was definitely by George Orwell and one of the things that made is special to him was that he wrote it without using a semi-colon a single time, just to prove that it is a redundant piece of punctuation. He was really upset by the fact that no-one noticed.

The above is only tangentially related to your post.

Myb instd f tryng t prv tht th sm-cln s rdndnt, h shld hv trd wrtng hs bk wtht any vwls.

April 25, 2007 12:37 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Grish, Such schemes would engender discord, no doubt, between The Spouse & myself. The Child, however, uses her computer with less frequency. I'm indebted for the tip.

D, Yes, such efforts would've been much more impressive. (This is truely tiring).

April 25, 2007 12:49 PM  
Blogger Eric opined...

Feel Free to steal the keyboard for the server. It is currently unattached anyway

April 25, 2007 1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Here -- borrow some of these:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

April 25, 2007 1:58 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

You're nice, Pookie.

So're you, Poodle. (Show off).

April 25, 2007 2:06 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Curse the third letter of my name!

April 25, 2007 3:15 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Believe me, John, I did.

April 25, 2007 3:40 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Hooray, I made the cut! Who needs that stupid letter anyway??

April 25, 2007 3:56 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Stupid old letter. Looky, here's your whole moniker: RedSevenEric. Cool. Me likey.

April 25, 2007 4:42 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

BSOLUTELY STOUNDING!..nyone tht cn cre8 'n entire post without using 20% of the st&ndrd vowels is my HERO!!!

April 25, 2007 8:55 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Lol sling

April 26, 2007 12:44 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

No kidding, Grish. LOL @ Sling, too. ROTFLMBO @ Sling. He's so funny!!!!

April 26, 2007 6:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Hil*%#%@rious!

April 26, 2007 9:27 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Greeny. Nice moniker. You're on the list of those not to be shunned. Greeny Greeny Greeny. I could type it forever.

April 26, 2007 10:28 AM  
Blogger canadian sadie opined...

My R is gone. I have to press so hard it's ridiculous. And yet...I can't be bothered to take the laptop in to be serviced and get it repaired. Why? Because I'd be without my connection to the interweb for at least AN ENTIRE DAY!

I feel your pain. And I'm glad that 'Kevin' was able to help you out. :)

April 26, 2007 5:11 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Good of you to stop by, CS. I feel your owie, too. It hurts to press on the little rubber thingy. But I do get the "no connection" thing. We suffer for our interwebs, don't we?

April 26, 2007 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home