Friday, April 20, 2007

Some Quick Things

The "a" button my my laptop just fell off. I use that key a lot. This sentence alone has taken me 15 minutes to type and my left pinky is already very ticked off. Argh.

We have this dance/air jam/chili cook-off event at school tomorrow. The Chicken and I are going to be promoting it at a pep rally today with Queen's "We Will Rock You". That's going to be super fun.

The air jam component of the bash is going to be fun. The Parent Club Board is going to air jam to Devo's "Whip It". We have hats and everything. As for the air jams for the kids, we were talking about songs and ruling out a lot of stuff because it is, after all, a Catholic school. I suggested "We've Got the Beat" by the Go-gos for one song and someone said, "Yeah, but are they going to know that?" and I was all, "Hey, it's our job to see to it that these kids are exposed to the classics". So the Go- gos it is.

I also had to go pick up the CD for "High School Musical" and while I was at the record store decided to pick up an 80s compilation disk. Which I'm going to listen to in about 15 seconds. Plus, there are some songs on it that I don't think we've played over at Here's the 80s so now one of my other jobs today is to check the catalog and then go poke around YouTube.

And, she added in a moment of pure and shameless self-promotion, our hits over at Here's the 80s have been a little low lately. How low? Last week JP made a comment that there wasn't anyone in the club and all he could hear was the chirping of crickets and we were so lonely that we started naming the crickets and telling stories about them. Heck, we even made them the week's VIPs. We aren't sure why fewer people are coming around. It may be because people think we've exhausted all the best music of the decade. Let me just tell you, nothing could be farther from the truth. You wouldn't believe some of the juicy stuff we've played in the last week. Plus, we are closing in on 1500 posts. That's right. 1500 videos, despite those bastids at Viacom, of kicking music. You owe it to yourself to come around and send your friends. (And Iwanski, Red and Barista Brat, you know that we love you for your loyalty. Sling, your shift starts at 10. Oh, and Belinda called). Once again, that's Here's the 80s. Admission is free. The drinks are free-er.

I also have to bake pans and pans of cornbread and brownies for the party. And make chili. I hope I win the trophy.

And after that, I have to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond and look at the bridal registry for Orrin and Al. They are an adorable couple.

Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger rosemary opined...

OK I am old enough to not know what an "air jam" is. I am making the leap that it is not popped food, right? I loved the Go-gos and Queen. I would love to come to the 80's as you well know...but the gerbils have asked for some time off this weekend...family stuff I think...maybe you could hum loudly and I could hear it over here. Will there be pics of the chicken and the diva? Samples of chili at the 80's?

April 20, 2007 1:02 PM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

Rats. Someone already bought the lavender duvet that I had my eye on for Orrin and Al. I hate it when that happens.

April 20, 2007 1:05 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

An ir jm is where a bunch of people play air guitar (or air whatever) to a song.

Pictures. I'll try to remember the camera.

And yeah, any left-over chili will be over at the club.

Sorry about the gerbils.

April 20, 2007 1:06 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

My bad, Jon. I just couldn't resist. But the Egyptian cotton towels looked nice...

April 20, 2007 1:07 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Geez, see how annoying that whole "no a key" thing is?

April 20, 2007 1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

So let me get this straight: There's a website, on the web, called "Here's the 80's," and you can go there and watch almost 1500 80's music videos, whenever you want to, and it's free?

You've got to be kidding me. I've been waiting my whole life for something like that.

April 20, 2007 1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Oh, and bummer about the whole "a" key thing.

April 20, 2007 1:32 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

I challenge you to type a 200 word post without using the letter A, come on it'd be fun...for me..:-P

Actually it is more difficult to intentionally misspell words than one would think.. hehe

April 20, 2007 1:35 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I know, right? It's like it's Christmas every day. You wouldn't BELIEVE the stuff they have over there. Oh, and the people who run the place? Totally nice and totally funny. You'd love them. He looks kinda like Bono (only taller). She has great gams.

And thanks. "A" is in a lot of words. I kinda hate that right now. Or as I originaly typed it, "I kind hte tht right now".

April 20, 2007 1:36 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Funny you should mention that, Grish. The same thought occured to me. I may try it.

April 20, 2007 1:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

The Go-Go's are always a good bet. And of course you're doing the Lord's work in exposing the kids to the classics.

Devo would have been cooler though. Just because of the costumes.

And - the young couple is registered already? Kids move so fast these days...

April 20, 2007 6:19 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh, honey, they're getting Devo. That's what the Board is doing. In costume. Whip it good.

April 20, 2007 7:36 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

*Note to Belinda..
Okay!..You can have your way with me..
(I'm such a tramp)...

April 20, 2007 9:53 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh, Sling, I don't think it's trampiness when it's as real a love as yours and Belinda's.

Wait...

April 23, 2007 6:28 AM  
Blogger HORIZON opined...

God Lorraine- you never told me the drinks were free!!! :o
i've been away this end for a bit but am back again- have missed checking in here. my oldest son, daniel was on the way back to his dorm today after an exam- he passed by a local music shop, they had the band 'Travis' signing their next album. Sonser (wonderful boy) stood for an hour and a half (for me) to buy and get them to sign my cd- oohh l love the lad!! ;) Travis are a favourite band of mine. Anyhoo- just though l'd share that with a blogging sister who has great taste in music!
bests and hope you've been keeping wellxx
ps- should warn you about Sling before he takes that shift- he has been laptop dancing!! a worry. ;)

April 23, 2007 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home