Thursday, February 08, 2007

Nothing Exciting to Report

My standing Thursday morning meeting ran long. I hate when that happens. It ended up being one of those things where our agenda (working out the final details for a Mardi Gras carnival next weekend) was pushed aside by the book-keeper, who needed help with the budget, and a representative from a learning center. Oh well. The learning center lady brought an apple caramel pie with her. We liked her. A lot.

So now I'm fully loaded on sugar and ready to make up for lost time. Which is good.

In other news, there's nothing to report.

The Child has been very well behaved this week. She seems to be owning this teenager thing in all the right ways at the moment. Plus, she's working on a story for her writing class that she is beyond enthusiastic about. I love seeing that. Last night she told me, "This story is so good, Mom, that I think I'll have to send it to a publisher when I'm done".

The Spouse has resigned his commission from the on-line infantry unit he's been playing with for, golly, at least a year. (Don't worry; Mr. Stickler McSticklerson will let us know how long and also correct me if it's not an infantry unit). I think it made his imaginary friends sad but he said he just wasn't having that much fun anymore. These days he's into a flight simulator game. Last night he flew to Bangor, Maine. Last week he was in Key West but he didn't bring me any imaginary Key Lime Pie. Bad Spouse.

The Cat has been eating dog food and shunning her own. The Dog has been very doggie, but seems confused by The Cat's sudden interest in his kibble.

I've been frustrated lately by the size of my desk. It's fine for using the computer but there's not a lot of surface area so when I have to pungle bills or do other paperwork it gets very crowded. I was thinking of swapping my desk with The Child's, but that would involve a lot of heavy lifting. Last night I figured out that I could move my laptop to the side and still have room to operate my mouse (because I hate the little mouse pad on the computer). It's like having a whole new desk. And yes. I'm very slow when it comes to thinking outside of the box.

JP and I are rolling through on Operation Restoration over at Here's the 80s. He's working from the front end of the catalog and I've bringing up the rear. So far we've only had to box about a dozen videos because we haven't been able to find replacements. Considering how many artists are already in the catalog, that's pretty impressive. We're still urging a boycott of Viacom. The next phase is to figure out who some of their major advertisers are and start a letter writing campaign to those folks. Because Viacom isn't going to care that a bunch of non-Neilsen families aren't watching their programming. But the advertisers will. Gotta hurt 'em where it counts, in the pocket book. Bastards.

That's all. Now I've got work to do. Have a great day.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Now this is something. You posted this 12 hours ago and no one has commented yet.

I'm writing this day down in my record book.

February 08, 2007 8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

i'm frakking in the midst of planning my entire wedding almost all by myself. add in 8 months of continuous frakking mandatory overtime at my job. lately floral appts, rehearsal dinner locales, dentist appts, and invitations have taken center stage.
it's all been kinda fun/kinda maddening.
7/7/07 .... you're coming, right? *smile*

mmmm eggnog cake batter

February 08, 2007 8:40 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

JP: Yeah, well, it's just 'cause I never actually got you anything for Christmas.

Stacy, Darling...please...you have months and months...relax, enjoy the ride...it's just a big party...it doesn't need to be perfect. 07/07/07? Classic!

February 08, 2007 10:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Nooooooooo.... jp, I commented seconds after she posted, but it's not here! And it was brilliant too (of course!).... why, Blogger, why?

February 09, 2007 6:12 AM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

I remember being equally confident about my writing when I was 13. I even sent a script I wrote to the BBC and was over the moon when I received a reply informing me that they appreciated my submission but the programme in question wasn't currently in production.

"Had it been in production," I remember thinking to myself, "they would DEFINITELY have used my script."

I often wonder where all that confidence has gone.

February 09, 2007 6:31 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thanks, Gina. Now I can delude myself that I got 50 comments yesterday (all brilliant & witty) and that Blogger the Booger ate them all.

D: Look under the sofa cushions. I'm always losing stuff there.

February 09, 2007 6:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

One doesn't imaginarily fly to Key West. One drives. Period. Flying to Key West is always wrong.

I'm glad I could be here to stop that imaginary wrong.

::whew::

February 09, 2007 9:53 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thanks for that, Alan. Although, next time you drive to Key West would you send me some imaginary key lime pie, please?

February 09, 2007 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home