Saturday, February 03, 2007

I Could Have Danced All Night


The evening began with a little coiffing in the kitchen.












Then Papa decided this would be a good night to bestow his late mom's mink stole. (We shall not discuss this further. The mink involved gave their lives long ago, before anyone was paying attention. I would never buy a mink now but this is one of the few artifacts we have from The Spouse's family of origin and it is therefore precious. Please keep your fake blood in the big Cabinet of Protest).



















And didn't he look handsome in his nice threads?



















Someone came home floating on a cloud. Someone else came home, probably with the hope of blowing up some stuff, to find The Neighbor and I watching "The Prize Winner of Defience, Ohio" (my new favorite movie ever, after "Annie Hall"). So that someone just went to bed. The other someone had to be hosed down before even thinking of going to sleep.














Her post-event effusions went something like this:

"Oh, and Mama, all the girls look soooooo pretty and oh, Mama, you should have seen Zoe's hair but oh, Mama, everyone just looooved my dress and I got to dance with Sam twice (wink wink) and he's the best dancer and oh, Mama, there was humbow and it was soooooo good and I had a Coke, you know, to keep me going and oh, Mama the room was soooo pretty and I danced with Sam twice...(yes, you told me)... oh, right (giggle). Do you want to see me tango?"

In short, she had a great time.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown opined...

Oh, this makes me smile a big smile. Thanks for sharing...

February 03, 2007 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

For my money, The Child is a little too grown-up gorgeous and SHE should be locked in the Cabinet of Protest!

I'm pleased, however, that she had such a peachy time. Is Sam the one pictured?

February 03, 2007 10:57 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Greeny, Pretty cute, huh?

Dame J: You're on to something there...I'll make some room on one of the shelves. And yes, that's Sam, or as you might want to start calling him, "New Boy".

February 03, 2007 11:06 AM  
Blogger Renee opined...

Thirteen going on thirty.
Seriously, so beautiful (and handsome).

I loved the PWODO too.

February 03, 2007 11:13 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I know, Renee. It's a little freaky.

And isn't the PWODO really just the greatest? I looooved that movie.

February 03, 2007 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Vintage mink is fine in my book. And I just adore the utter look of bliss on her face in that last pic. What a cutie pie!

February 03, 2007 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I think it is to late to lock her up in the cabinet of protest for she has had a taste of being Belle of the Ball. "New guy" is a cutie no wonder she gushed, but her date was pretty handsome in his new threads also. Papa was right the mink was a nice touch.

February 03, 2007 3:00 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Phew, Eva. Actually, I've been meaning to turn it into a pillow but now that I've seen how stunning she looks in it I think we'll just leave well enough alone.

You're probably right, Dena. Plus, she'd probably be hammering on it to get out when we were trying to sleep. That would be soooo disruptive.

February 03, 2007 3:07 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

I just ordered The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio used from Netflix for $5.99 ... I saw it in the theatres and fell in love. I totally heart that movie, and it's doesn't surprise me that you love it. It seems like something we'd share.

And the Child looks faboo. Very classy!

February 03, 2007 6:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Big days for both our babies! How wonderful for The Child. My baby is en route to Paris. I'm teary-eyed and miss him already. Want to trade places?

February 03, 2007 10:07 PM  
Blogger Seattle Coffee Girl opined...

HMOG, how did our girl grow up so fast? I mean, gosh...I saw her in that amazing red dress on my wedding day, but with that mink? HOLY GUACAMOLE, WATCH OUT, MAMASITA!

Sam...what a cutie patootie!

The Spouse looks hunkalicios, too. :)

I am going to go off in the corner and have myself a little cry. How is it possible that she's getting so grown up???

BWAAAAAAH!!!!

February 04, 2007 7:31 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

She is lovely...

February 04, 2007 5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I see that New Boy is keeping proper distance while dancing with The Child.

He must've got my memo.

February 04, 2007 6:10 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Red, And here's me, not realizing one could purchase movies from Netflix. Yay!

Aw, Gina. (hugs)

SCG: It was just yesterday, wasn't it, when she was in a stroller and you were behind the counter at Laura Ashley and we first met?

Thanks, Rosemary. I shall pass that on.

JP: You are the bestest uncle in the world. Your efficiency is quite remarkable.

February 05, 2007 6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home