Tuesday, January 23, 2007

4th Tuesday of January

It's time again to play State of the Union Bingo!

The Neighbor is joining us for sausage risotto (get it...risotto, SOTU...just me? 'K) and the game.

I always watch the State of the Union address. It isn't always easy, of course, especially when it means listening to W. But for some bizarre reason I feel like it's my duty as a citizen to subject myself to 40 minutes of lies, justifications and obfuscations. It's the American way. Plus, it will be kinda fun tonight because there will be more Democrats in the chamber than Republicans. Which means fewer standing ovations and interruptions for applause. Probably won't even take 40 minutes, considering that.

I'm making our cards for the bingo game. (I found some on line but I had better words plus I factor in camera shots. Look for shots of John McCain, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. I still remember fondly 2 years ago when there were about 3 different shots of Ted Kennedy just sitting there shaking his head in disgust at what he was hearing. Good times).

For some reason, maybe because I was thinking about words, I started picturing this video and it seemed appropriate somehow.


Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Nicole opined...

I made sausage risotto last night. bon apétit lorraine, spouse, child, and neighbor.

January 23, 2007 10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I had intended on listening to the address on NPR because I find I am less likely to throw things if I can't actually see the man. But after watching a bit of The View this morning, I think I'll take the advice of the blond one and play a drinking game instead. Everytime Bush says something stupid, you take a drink. Everytime someone yawns - drink. Everytime one of those forehead veins begin to swell on Hilary's brow - drinkity drink. Oh I'll be toe up within minutes for sure.

January 23, 2007 12:02 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Merci, cheri!

Eva, We were going to have a drinking game but with The Child there we thought it might not be the best example. (Blast). So why don't you have one for me every time you tip a glass?

January 23, 2007 12:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Yummmmm... risotto.

I haven't decided if I'm going to watch it or not. Depends upon when I get off work. I know you'll fill us all in tomorrow. Bingo sounds fun, though.

January 23, 2007 12:30 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Whether or not I watch (I really do have tons of homework this evening), the Democratic response should be interesting. Jim Webb hates Dubya.

January 23, 2007 1:53 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Not only is this a brilliant article you've written, you have also given me an opportunity to listen to my absolute favorite Bob Dylan song.

Rock.

Rock.

Rock.

January 23, 2007 8:35 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Oh, also, I watched it and I wanted to ask you if I was the only one who was wondering if the cameramen were trying to catch Ted Kennedy sleeping.

And is it just me, or do they try ot catch Hillary whenever she has a strange facial expression?

"Camera two! Turkey neck! Don't miss it! Damn. Hey, camera three, see if you can move right a little and get a double chin. Yeah? Go! Camera three!"

January 23, 2007 8:40 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Iwanksi, I think they were hoping to catch Kennedy shaking his head in disgust like he did before. Frankly, I didn't notice a lot of the camera angles because I was so busy making off my bingo card.

And you're welcome for the Dylan song.

Red, Webb was awe to the some. Smackdown!

Gina, risotto is one of the best foods on the planet.

January 24, 2007 7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home