Friday, December 29, 2006

Things I Need To Remember

I had one of those Chrissy doll moments today. After years of growing my hair out, today I noticed that it is finally really and truly getting long. Yay!

As is true with most women I know, I have a love/hate relationship with my hair. It was superfantastic when it was super long but like a fool I cut it progressively shorter and shorter after The Child was born. Then about 4 years ago or so I did the Sinead thing, shaving it in solidarity with ChouChou when she was beating cancer. Actually, I loved having a shaved head. I'd still have one except for the gender conflict issues it created for The Spouse. Anyway, I've been growing it out ever since. It's finally long enough to do things with, long enough to pull back when I don't want to do things with it.

Here's what I have to remember: short hair has its limitations. There's only so much you can do with short hair. The fact that I never really learned how to style my hair complicates the matter further. I also have to remember how long it has taken me to get back to this point of hair lengthness. Finally, I have to remember that however tempting it might be to cut my hair, doing so will never make me as cute as Clare Grogan.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

"gender conflict issues..."
lol - marvelous.
I completely forgot about this song. I'm so grateful for this service you provide each weekend. My online music piracy is back in full swing!

December 29, 2006 3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

This one is new to me. Not sure where I was during this part of the 80's.

I like the long hair. On boys and girls.

December 29, 2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

This evens up the whole "Final Countdown" thing.

December 29, 2006 6:34 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

I've never, ever heard this song either. Perhaps this was a hit when I was living overseas listening to foreign tunes. I loved my globetrotting childhood, but detest the gaps in my pop culture experience that it created. Grrr. Cute hair, tho'.

December 30, 2006 8:31 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Altered Images. Put them on your Ipod.

December 31, 2006 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home