Friday, December 29, 2006

On the 4th Day of Christmas

Today is not a Cat Dog Day(1).

I have to do some budgetting, get new tabs for my car and buy groceries. I also want to go to what Jlow would call the "Bait Shop" and fetch caviar for New Year's Eve. (I love the caviar shop. They give you tiny tastes of roe on mother-of-pearl spoons and when you make your selection they wrap it all up very nicely and send it home with you in a fine little insulated cooler that is black embossed with gold writing and makes a very swellegant lunch box for those days when you can't find the regular one because someone left it at school). It is a very posh place to shop and the people are super fantastically nice and helpful.

The Spouse is going to take The Child ice skating and I will use their absence to remove things from her room that she's forgotten she owns.

We have to brine a turkey. Tomorrow night is "Sing for Your Supper" and the feast must be lovely because people have to work so hard to earn it.

And maybe, just maybe, I'll get an early start on "Here's the 80s", since it is a holiday weekend after all.

1 (I really worry about this international incident stuff: last night we watched "Gregory's Girl", which is set in Scotland and then we played the Altered Images video of "Happy Birthday" for The Child. I went to bed and had that song playing all through the dream during which The Spouse ate microwaveable oatmeal from a packet and Charlie, who had prepared a huge pot of Scotch oats, became very offended and thugs came to our house and were going to beat up The Spouse unless he ate proper oatmeal. It was harrowing).

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I don't recall hearing you discuss this "Sing for your Supper" thing before, please elaborate.

80's! Yay!

December 29, 2006 10:57 AM  
Blogger barista brat opined...

i love that so many bloggers watch 'gregory's girl'!

December 29, 2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Details are forthcoming, JP. I have to have something to blog about later. 80s. Yay!

Brat: Bloggers are cool. Most of us, anyway.

December 29, 2006 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Mmmm...caviar. (clears throat) LaLaLaLaLaaaaa!

December 29, 2006 11:29 AM  
Blogger Eric opined...

You also neglected to mention that the Caviar shop was featured on the Food Channel show, Unwrapped. We felt special.
Gregory's Girl is very sweet and it even is shot in Glasgow. I kept imagining the characters as either Charlie or the Sensible One.
I dreamt that I was backing a side arm at the ice rink and when I realized the error of my ways I went to unload it and put it in my car. Then I had to field strip it and forgot how it went back together. All in all a very strange dream. I t might have something to do with the fact I was watching I love the 90s and they had a Nancy Kerrigan/Jeff Gilooly/Tonya Harding segment. never go ice skating unarmed is all Im saying.

December 29, 2006 11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

hey! i've heard about that caviar shoppe. AND i remember watching that show wondering if lorraine knows about said shoppe. it does look really really lovely.

happy happy new year lorraine! we do hope to meet you someday

December 29, 2006 1:58 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Very nice, Vangie. Here's a plate of turkey. (You'll have to stay over to get the caviar).

E: All Scottish people are like Charlie and the Sensible One, aren't they? Or Craig Ferguson. Or William Wallace. I'll stop now.

Happy New Year, to you and yours, Stacy. Meet ups happen.

December 29, 2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Eric told me of the sing for supper thingy. I think it's pretty cool but of course I would suck and would probably starve...

I had no idea you were going to do the 80's weekend thing today and when I seen the videos up there I turned to The wife and asked her if it was Friday or if I lost a day. lol

December 29, 2006 10:07 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

The good news, Grish, is that people don't actually have to sing. They can juggle, tell a joke, read a poem...any old thing just so long as people are entertained. So you'd probably get fed.

Good thing you have Betty around, eh?

December 29, 2006 10:17 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

I can tell jokes! Bad ones but jokes none-the-less..:P

December 30, 2006 5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home