Monday, December 25, 2006

Scenes from Christmas Morning


The Child was overjoyed with all her gifts, because what child isn't? (Provided you don't give them underwear). Here she is assembling her Golden Snitch, which came complete with its own stand.


The paperwhites started blooming yesterday, right on cue.


Many times the best thing about Christmas is being excited for someone else. My reaction to The Spouse opening his packet of Horrified B Movie Victims. (You think I'm kidding?)

The Spouse looked very dashing in his blinking reindeer nose.


I had requested Barack Obama's book, The Audacity of Hope. This pretty much represents The Dog's look, as he waits, oh, so patiently, for some crumbs of ham and cheese brioche. (They were some of the best I've ever made, though I say it meself).


Now it's time for a smidge more mimosa and curling up with Barack. Then it will be time for my traditional Christmas morning nap.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Grish opined...

Sounds good! What exactly are B-Movie victims though?

By the way the wife noticed that we have the exact same set of plates...:-)

December 25, 2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

You know, plastic characters who are in various poses of running and horrification, as if fleeing from some giant monstrous creature. They're awesome.

Et tu Fiestaware? That Betty. So stylish.

December 25, 2006 10:59 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Fun is the watchword, Charlie!

December 25, 2006 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I will be coming to you for all my gift-giving ideas from now on.

December 25, 2006 7:31 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I am your one stop shopping source, Poodle.

December 25, 2006 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home