Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving Addendum

Booger Blogger got tired of load pictures yesterday but here are just a few more for fun and then I'll get back to playing VJ.

This is Mr. Mortimer Chantilly, who is the head cosmetologist at Berry Berry & Diggins Mortuary. He's been at that post for 29 years, after tragically losing his entire family when he was only 12. This loss, and the shoddy work that was done on his family, inspired him to go into this line of work and he was renowned for his gift. My father told me all this yesterday, when he called to inform that poor Mr. Chantilly died very suddenly and as there is no one to do his makeup, he will be cremated. (My father is, I've decided, a strange little man).

(Also, check out The Child's curls...it's so fun to have older cousins to help glam you up!)














Here is Mr. Chantilly, bonding with The Dog, who found something oddly familiar about the moustache.















Speaking of oddly familiar, the only time The Dog went completely nuts was when Martha's family was doing "Wild Thing". That long, curly black wig on my BIL's head just freaked pup out. I think he thought BIL was wearing a relative. Also, it is worth noting that my BIL is a easily the most conservative of us all and works as a pastor. Because he always surprises me (us) when he does stuff like this. (Likely a lesson in there about not judging books by their cover or something like that).















And this is my neice Emily, who I don't talk about much because I don't see her as often so I'm not as close to her as I am Mols and Jane but she's a lovely girl and I just thought I'd mention that.

Back to the music.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Humbling to see what we started so many years ago. O my

Pretty complete coverage of the event except for a possible pretty-faced pic of Married Niece.

And thanks for all your efforts including the yummy best-ever yams.

November 25, 2006 10:07 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Dame Judi, Don't know what happened on the Married Neice front...that one I posted was the best I had. People shouldn't move when I'm trying to take their picture.

Glad you like the yams.

November 25, 2006 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home