Saturday, November 11, 2006

Something Very Sad Happened.

Something that I put up on my blog today broke my code so that my sidebar disappeared. I figured it was the quiz post, because that's happened before.

But I changed it and things were still wacky.

So I ask The Spouse about it. Now understand this. Being married to a computer geek is not unlike being married to a plumber. If you are married to a plumber, yours are the last drains to be fixed because, well, that's what he does all day, isn't it? So when I ask for computer help it's not like I get this enthusiastic, what-can-I-do-to-make-your-life-easier-my-precious-angel-and-mother-of-my-child sort of response.

No. What I got was, "I don't know. Start deleting stuff until it works again".

So I did. And many cute things and fine comments from fellow bloggers are now lost to posterity. Some may be posted again. Probably tomorrow. Or not.

But you want to know what really galls me? The post that frakked everything up was a video of "Dancing in the Dark". That is just beyond sad.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

if it makes you feel any better i have been staring at bad code all day. i am so tired of messing with it a default template is looking real good :)

November 12, 2006 12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

bah! I am grish and I approved the above message...

November 12, 2006 12:54 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Poor Grish. And how come you can't sign in as Grish? Did bad code kill your blog or something?

November 12, 2006 8:25 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

All my links disappeared! I worked so hard on them! Boo.

November 12, 2006 1:57 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Well, now, how did that happen? Check you email.

November 12, 2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Most likely, something you added that was too wide, sending your sidebar flying into the abyss. Happens with photos sometimes if they are just the wrong size. I hate that. But now it's okay, it seems.

As for The Spouse not helping... I know how he feels. I have a computer at home I've been promising to reformat and get setup for The Daughter and The Grandkids for months now. It's still sitting there.

November 13, 2006 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home