Saturday, November 11, 2006

Iwanskifest. Day 1

We decided to start with the deep dish cheese pizza. It was very small. Almost scary small. We made a salad because, you know, people have to eat.

The pizza goes into the oven and it smells pretty fantastic. I make poppyseed dressing and we pour wine.

The pie comes out and we gather together. We say grace. We lift our glasses and say, "To Iwanski". We look at the tiny pizza and we wonder.

....

We understand something now, about Chicago-style deep dish pizza. You don't need much of it. In fact, 2 slices'll pretty much see you through the winter.

Thought you should know.

Tomorrow...hot dogs.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

i don`t know, i`ve got a pretty big appetite...grish

November 12, 2006 12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Excellent. I grew up in chicago and just love the food. Lucky for us we get back there every other weekend. Coyboy Mouth last night at the House of Blues and today a tour of my old highschool Lane Tech.

November 12, 2006 5:55 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

So does The Spouse, Grish, and he ceded the last piece to me. Which I couldn't eat in it's entirety. If we had more than three at the table we'd need another pie but trust me, that sucker was filling.

Thank you, Charlie. That is very kind of you.

Citymouse, How fun for you! I think you have found the secret to eating "Chicago-style" and living to tell about it...dancing and touring. Best do some of that myself!

November 12, 2006 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home