Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Last Night, after "Gilmore girls"

Moi: So. Do we move to Chicago?

Spouse: Why would we do that?

Moi: North Korea has the bomb. We're on the west coast.

Spouse: Yes and now there's a threat of nuclear war.

Moi: But you're horrible in a crisis. When they nuke us, you're just going to be a frakking a**hole.




He was greatly amused by this but later tried to suggest that he is, in fact, just fine in a crisis. I have examples to the contrary. (They are also very amusing, after the fact, but it wouldn't be fair to share them in this forum. Over beer sometime, when it's just the two of us, though, remind me and I'll tell you). Besides, it's starting to look like North Korea doesn't actually have the bomb, they're just big, unstable, whacked out pranksters. It might be a tempest in a teapot. (I love that phrase). On the face of it, I'm probably less concerned about North Korea than I am about the fact that the people in charge of "diplomacy" around here don't exactly inspire my confidence. Cool heads, baby. That's what you need in a crisis. The difference between the international scene and my household is that if one of us flips out we just end up laughing about it later.

9 Comments:

Blogger TWISI opined...

God, ,please let us make it through the next 831 days!

October 11, 2006 9:49 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

So say we all, Kendall. So say we all.

October 11, 2006 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Oh those whacky North Koreans,always the life of the party.I watched little Georgie in a news conference today stressing diplomacy in this situation.I was slightly less than comforted.

October 11, 2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Kinda like the boy who cried "wolf", you know? He's been a lying liar for 5 years. Why should anyone believe him now?

October 11, 2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

I look at Bush and I think, "There's another guy who shouldn't have the bomb."

In my opinion, no one should have access to the bomb. Except George Clinton.

October 11, 2006 1:04 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

So, true, Iwanski.

October 11, 2006 1:07 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Kim, "No honest! We really have a bomb and we have ... err tested it and we intend to ummm ... we ummm ...."

That Kim is a fun guy! A little crazy perhaps but you have to admit he can lite up a room. :)

October 11, 2006 5:19 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I agree, Grish. He's a hoot. We should invite him over for jell-o shots sometime!

October 11, 2006 5:20 PM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

You're moving Chicago! I'm so excited. We have pomegranates here, you know.

October 12, 2006 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home