Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday Morning

I was without my email yesterday. I hate that. It makes me feel very out of touch. I also had trouble with Blogger and was very surprised to see that my post had actually published because when I hit the "Publish Post" button I got a "cannot find the page" screen. Imagine my surprise when I finally got my email and saw all the comments. I also couldn't get to most of my favorite blogs and if I could get to them, I couldn't leave comments. I have decided to blame all of this on the fact that Pluto is no longer a planet and this demotion is now wrecking havoc with my astrological charts. Talk about a disturbance in the Force.

Poor Pluto.

According to my calendar, which is more reliable than my astrological chart, this is the last weekend we have before things start getting crazy. September is already full. So much for the lazy, hazy days of summer. I intend to savor the nothingness of this weekend to the fullest, right after I go help The Neighbor pick out fixtures for her pending remodel.

Oh, and the Great Window Crisis of '06 was happily resolved yesterday. Mr. A has a spanking new window and The Child very cooperatively swept off his driveway, the initial act of the Pound of Flesh I'll be extracting from her. I've decided that she is going to be responsible for detailing my car once a week for which she will be credited $10 toward the $500 it cost to replace the window. Yes. It will take her nearly a year to pay off the debt. But she needs to understand the full weight of that expense. She does, however, continue to get big snaps from everyone around her for the responsibilty she demonstrated through this experience. I'm very proud of her.

Have a great weekend.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sling opined...

what charlie said!...and kudos to The Child for steppin' up :)

August 26, 2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

AHH! An entire day without email? I'd be insane...

August 26, 2006 10:05 PM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

One year to pay off a debt? Hmm. Sounds like good practice for a 30-year mortgage, 10-year law school loan repayment plan, etc., etc., etc.

Let the Child know she should be proud she's probably learning more about grownupitude than most folks her age.

August 27, 2006 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home