Monday, June 12, 2006

Election Results


A new student council has been elected and The Child is not among them. She and her partner did come in second in their race, which she found rather exciting. My last words on dropping her off this morning were, "Gracious in victory, gracious in defeat and remember, you're a winner to me". When I saw her in the afternoon she was behaving very graciously and didn't seem too disappointed.

Between you and me, I'm relieved. My involvement with the school via the Parent Club Executive Board demands a fair commitment of time to school activites as it is. Can you imagine what it would be like if she were on Student Council? We'd have to keep sleeping bags in the car.

When we talked about it later I admitted to feeling a little relieved. (I was quick to say that I would have been happy for her if she won). She smiled knowingly and said, "I'm glad, too", then came for a hug.

Now she is in the bathtub. She duct taped a mess of water balloons to the wall and popped them "so I can have a water fight with myself". I like a woman who knows how to cope with the vicissitudes of life.

There's always next year.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

The election was rigged. Does she have a brother who's the Governor of Florida?

June 13, 2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

What's really weird is the exit polls out of Ohio showed her leading by a substantial margin. What are you gonna do?

June 13, 2006 1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I blame the dangling chads.

That sounded dirty.

June 13, 2006 3:14 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Myself, I blame Chairman Dean.

I've decided to blame him everything from now on. I figure I'll be right at least 70% of the time.

June 13, 2006 3:18 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

For the record, The Child blames the fact that she and J didn't prepare a dance routine, like the winning team did. Rookie mistake.

June 13, 2006 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home