Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hu's on First, Dick's on Second, "Gilmore girls" are on at 8


Seattle is such a party town. President Hu of China is having dinner tonight with Bill and Melinda and 100 of their closest friends. No. The Neighbor and I declined our invitations. She's got to watch "American Idol" and I, of course, have a fresh episode of Lorelie & Rory.

Sounds like a great meal, though. The Seattle Times reported the menu this morning:

I
Smoked Guinea Fowl Salad
with Hazelnuts, Spring Radishes & Granny Smith Apples
II
Fillet of Beef
Walla Walla Onions, Asparagus, Celeriac Puree and Chervil Glace
or

Alaskan Halibut with Spot Prawns
Spring Vegetables, Fingerling Potatoes & Smoked Tomato Infused Olive Oil
or
A Vegetarian Option
(The paper didn't say but my money is on Steamed Vegetarians with Sauteed Mung Bean Sprouts on a Bed of Roasted Brussels Sprouts)
III
Rhubarb Brown Butter Almond Cake


We're going to have sauteed mushrooms and polenta with the first installment of leftover ham.
I could go for some rhubarb cake, though.

And look who else is in town---


Can you believe I found a picture of him actually smiling?

I don't know what he'll be eating tonight but it's a fundraiser so I'm guessing rubber chicken. I hope they run out of cake.


3 Comments:

Blogger Grish opined...

Lol, I had never seen a picture of him in 'full smile mode before'.

April 19, 2006 12:52 AM  
Blogger Reel Fanatic opined...

Even when he's smiling, he still looks angry and evil .. personally, I'd rather hang out with Lorelai and Rory than W and Hu any day, with or without Amy Sherman-Palladino

April 22, 2006 4:21 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Fanatic, Oh yes. He still looks evil. Because he is. And hanging with the girls on this particular ocassion was most excellent. LOVED the wedding.

April 22, 2006 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home