Thursday, April 06, 2006

Out with the Crowd



The great Hot Dog Gig of '06 is over. It was just fine. Fun even. The folks I worked with were all great. Our customers were very sweet and patient. One guy sent back one hot dog and he was nice about it. (The bun was too crusty).

It was a long day, though. I was there from about 12:30 to about 6:30. I can still feel it in my lower back. That's a lot of standing around, my friends. But I got to toss peanuts at someone and learned how to pull a beer with minimal foam (because when you're setting down $7.50 for a freaking Coors Light, you kinda want all beer). Plus, I think we made a lot of tips because our principal was with us and she's Irish and adorable.

The Mariners won their first series and are 2-1. Not a bad start. The weather yesterday was gorgeous so the roof was open. "The Safe" is a beautiful "church of baseball" sort of park and I, in my capacity as hot dog/pretzel/beer-vendor and condiment-cart-wiper felt uniquely connected to the experience. I'm glad to have done it. I will do it again. At gunpoint.

The Child did not lose her key and it looks like she got all her homework done. She also came home with a headache. This racheted up the guilt when I learned of it. Because the only thing worse than being a latch-key child is coming home with a headache and mommy not being there to love all over you and give you meds. (And bless her heart, she went without because we are still employing the "only if mom or dad gives it to you" method of pharmaceutical distribution).

Thank you for caring.

Now I have a whole long, gorgeous Thursday stretching before me with no appointments or obligations except to write, finish reading "Persepolis" and engage in slight flitting-about-with-the-duster sorts of homekeeping things. My kinda day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Display Name opined...

In all fairness, your life is my kind of day. (Angela sighs covetously...)That's a word right? Bibilical in nature even?

April 06, 2006 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home