Monday, April 17, 2006

Ham for Weeks


We average 10 for Easter dinner. This year it was an intimate 6. We bought the same weight ham as we always do. I will be finding culinary uses for ham well into July.

Dinner was wonderful, the company even better. There was the traditional bursting into song and sporadic re-enactments of bits from "Jesus Christ Superstar". (I'm all about the Yvonne Elliman. The Spouse is all about air guitar).

There are still dishes to do but it's okay. The sun is shining, it's the first day of Easter break which means I got to sleep in (love that) and I know that for the foreseeable future the protein needs of my family can be met through smoked pork products.


i
Tomato-Basil Bruschetta
ii
Spinach Salad with Mandarine Oranges & Praline Pecans
iii
B.A.H.
Molasses Biscuits
Roasted Beet Salad with Walnuts
Chilled Asparagus with Blood Orange Mayonnaise
Crustless Onion & Zucchini Quiche
iv
Lemon Tart with Whipped Cream

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Once again, it was an amazing Feast. Thank you for a memorable and delicious evening. The BAH was the stuff dreams are made of. Can't wait for Pentecost...

Alleluia, He is Risen!

~BBBMaaartinez(K)

April 17, 2006 9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Killer ham last night Nayb - I'd be glad to take some of the extra smoked pork product off your hands if you'd like to anonymously slip some into my fridge when I'm not looking. For those of you out there in blogopia who are drooling over the menu, it was a truly magnificent feast and the photo does not do the BAH its justice. Lorraine's and my rendition of "I Don't Know How to Love Him" was nothing short of Grammy-winning.

April 17, 2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger Hina opined...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I don't know what I like more... holidays or holiday leftovers.

April 17, 2006 9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

The asparagus and the Zucchini quiche sound interesting, and tasty.

I used to do a pretty mean "Heaven On Their Minds" in front of the bathroom mirror with a hairbrush.

April 17, 2006 10:35 AM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

If I do say so, it sounds like a lovely time was had.

April 17, 2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger Otilia opined...

so cool, what's for Thankgiving?

April 17, 2006 6:57 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Glad to hear your Easter turned out well:)

April 17, 2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

That sounds fabulous. You should post the recipes. Being Southern, I'm particularly interested in those molasses biscuits.

April 18, 2006 3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home