Friday, February 10, 2006

They're Not Going Down


The Spouse just said this, after telling me how much he liked the "Excellent Smithers" picture of the veep I had in an earlier post. My sister-in-law said the same thing this morning. It's something I hear a lot. "They'll get away with it"..."no one cares"....

Tell it to Richard Nixon. Tell it to Bill Clinton.

These guys simper and smirk and blame. They stick crap into the budget that they can't get any support for. (Note: the "privitization" of Social Security is in the new budget). They keep wire tapping INNOCENT AMERICANS who have no connection to terrorism and try to tell us it's for our own good. They act like they've got a mandate. But every single day more evidence stacks up proving what lying, self-serving (cover your ears, Mama) bastards these guys are and they are sweating. Every day, it seems, yet another Republican calls out for investigations. Republicans. There are a lot of people in Congress who are starting to figure out that these clowns are no longer good for business. Meanwhile, we've got mid-term elections in a few months. If the Dems regain control of Congress the first order of business could easily be impeachment.

Am I dreaming? Many would say so. But while I don't pretend to understand physics but I do know this: you can only stack a house of cards so high. Then they all fall down. Gravity is our friend. Repeat after me: they will go down, they will go down.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lex Lata opined...

I'll send a wheel of of Wisconsin's finest if (a) Dems take the House back this November, and (b) articles of impeachment are passed.

I just think impeachment is such a long shot. But I'd happily be proved wrong.

February 11, 2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

And if the Dems do take the House I'll send a slab o' smoked salmon. If articles of impeachment are passed I'll throw in a case of The Spouse's home-brew. At least this way one of us wins!

February 11, 2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oops. I mean I'll send you the salmon and beer if they don't.

February 11, 2006 3:26 PM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Smoked salmon and home-brew!? [Insert Homer Simpson drooling sound here.] I'm almost tempted to root against the Democrats.

Okay, not really. I take too much pride in my disgust with the ruling Republicans right now.

February 11, 2006 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home