Thursday, February 09, 2006

Thursday Reflection


This week has been so blissful. After the rush and jangle of the last couple weeks I am so enjoying the quiet. I am getting things done.

I am also very tired. After the realization that I am not completely happy unless I'm writing I changed my schedule. I decided that the morning hours until noon would be given over entirely to writing and writing related pursuits, with the afternoon left for homekeeping and mothering. I am so blessed to be able to arrange my life in this way. I am so thankful that I don't have to be away from my home and my writing, making a few shekels at something I don't really care about. I suppose if I were to take a job that was interesting it would be fine and I'd arrange my life to make it work but for now I'm glad that I don't have to do that.

But up until this week, even when I was working furiously to finish the book or what-have-you, I was still doing a fair amount of futzing around. Because I can. If I hit a sticky place I can spend an hour reading other people's blogs, emailing, whatever. And I can waste a lot of time that way. By setting aside the morning as writing time I have started to treat it like a job. I take coffee breaks. At noon I break for a real lunch. But I'm pretty much writing for 3 or 4 hours straight. And it's exhausting. Really exhausting. Gratifying, too. I have something to show for my efforts. Just at this moment it feels like everything is exactly as it should be. I'll enjoy it while I can.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

What are you writing? Another book? Fiction? Details, please.

February 09, 2006 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home