Thursday, February 09, 2006

Writing Projects


Omaha was asking what sort of writing projects I'm working on. This week I'm finishing up some short pieces for submission to a book called Real Moms Speak. If any of the essays are included in the work and if the work sells more than 10,000 copies I'll actually be paid for it. Which would be abundantly cool. Although just being published would be pretty great because then I could lay claim to being a published writer. (The poetry in the student literary journal from college doesn't count. The poetry is indulgent and embarrasing. Ah, youth).

The rest of February will be spent polishing the draft of the family liturgy book I finished in January. I've got a friend who has offered to read it and pass it on, if it so merits, to his agent. What I'll do with it if his agent doesn't like it is another story and one I hope I won't have to tell only because I am a very lazy person and don't really want to investigate the ins and outs of the publishing world. But I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.

Meanwhile, some of the stuff I've been blogging about has been pointing me in the direction of something still nebulous and blurry but which will have something to do with parenting without being a diva. There are only about 412 million books on parenting at the moment. I might try to make it an even 413. We'll see.

Here's what you can pretty much bet you'll never see from me: fiction. I've had ideas for novels from time to time. These are currently filed in my computer under "Really Bad Fiction". Because it is truly awful. The fictive voice is not something I've been gifted with. And I'm ok with that. Part of the trick in life is playing to your strengths and mine is telling the truth. I wouldn't mind being the next Erma Bombeck, though. Only not dead.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Thank you. I am sufficiently satisfied.

February 09, 2006 2:03 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

That was easy.

February 09, 2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Interesting. What goes into a family liturgy book?

February 09, 2006 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home