Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Just to Prove I am Really Not Like Those X-File Guys


"Gilmore girls" was good last night. Lorelei didn't break up with Luke although the wedding is postponed and that isn't good. Logan the Suck-up is going to get a second chance with Rory, which I don't like because he's just a spoiled rich boy with no direction and a ton of ego and I don't believe he would know what love is if it hit him upside the head and left a mark. But they didn't ask me.

On "Commander in Chief" nuclear war with North Korea was averted. They probably heard about Geena Davis' Golden Globe and misunderstood.

Remember how excited I was last week because that evening meeting got postponed? Well, the meeting is tonight and I'm trying really hard not to let it bum me out because that would be petty and stupid. I just hate evening meetings. It will be the best thing about the empty nest when The Child is all grown up - no more PTA! To be truthful, I'm pretty much coming down on the side of not going. It's about the auction, which I am involved in up to my ears with anyway, and as I don't have a role for this evening (that would be different) and as I am still snuffling a smidge of contagion, I may plead illness. I bet if I go into school early with a stack of completed procurement forms (which I have already in the car) and a Kleenex for dabbing my nose I'll be able to finesse it. Just thinking about not leaving my house of a dark, rainy winter evening makes me feel good inside. And then I can watch "E Ring" with The Spouse and "Project Runway" with The Neighbor. (Although we gave The Neighbor the Contagion from last week so I might have to pray for the demise of Santino all alone).

Last night I painted my nails ruby red. They totally match the stone in my wedding band. It's much better than last week when I did my nails by lamplight and the dark polish I used turned out to be black. I wore it for a week because I'm lazy but I'm really not that goth. Ruby is better pour moi.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle opined...

i think dave bugowski should come back and be lane's bf again. that would make gilmore girls so much better. :)

January 18, 2006 1:16 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I miss Dave. Dave was good. Imagine what it could be like if he actually got to hold Lane's hand. (They did kiss once, though, didn't they? After a Bible study? Oh, those were the days...)

January 18, 2006 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Gotta say it was not my fave ep. Seems like Luke is being written out of character just to create dramatic tension. I would've told my fiancee about my long lost child in the first 5 minutes.

January 18, 2006 2:54 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

It is without question a completely manufactured "crisis", especially as neither the mother or child were looking for squat from Luke. But any fresh Gg episode makes me happy.

January 18, 2006 3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Truly truly pathetic.
But Rorrie is Hot

January 18, 2006 6:09 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

My husband is a big fat liar. Had I mentioned that?

January 18, 2006 6:30 PM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

Wow, you actually GO to PTA meetings. I don't even know when they happen. No doubt a flier comes home on Fridays with about 20 other fliers. Maybe I will follow in my mom's footsteps and ignore the entire business.

I haven't watched Gilmore Girls in I don't know how long. I'm all about House.

January 19, 2006 9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

No..She puts then on her schedule and then decides not to go.
Usually.
But How am it to talk. I don't even pretend to want to go.

January 19, 2006 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home