Monday, January 16, 2006

Advice for the Cold & Flu Season


It is stupid obvious but do yourself a favor. If you start feeling sick this winter, get into bed and stay there until you feel better. Don't be a martyr because that will just make you more sick. Go to bed and you'll be functional in no time.

I wasn't exactly overdoing it these last few days but yesteday was the first time I stayed in bed all day and believe me, it made a huge difference. I don't know if it was all the honey lemon tea or the Julia Roberts marathon on TBS but today I felt almost human again. Snaps to The Spouse for checking on me often enough to keep the tea replenished but not so often that he caught me crying during "Stepmom". Snaps to The Dog for sleeping faithfully at my feet part of the time. Snaps to The Child for playing elsewhere all day so Mama could just watch movies, sleep, watch movies and sleep.

Thankfully, what with it being MLK day and all, there was nothing to do today, either. Snaps to me for actually changing out of jammies. I am thinking tomorrow I may bust a move and put on makeup. I'm looking forward to that. It's good to be healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home