Monday, January 30, 2006

Disruption #1



What was shaping up to be a really blissful night of sleep was interrupted around 1am by the shriek of The Child in pain. The good news, my adrenal glands work really well. The bad news, the cries were followed by unpleasant eruptions of various types and a fitful night of sleep. I barely slept at all because I stayed with The Child, which The Cat interpretted as an invitation to sleep on my head and purr as loudly as possible. Every time I moved her she came back. It's nice to be loved but sheesh. I returned to my own bed for a couple of hours but it wasn't enough.

The Child is in her bed, snuggling a hot water bottle and working on a take-home science test. I am feeling sloggy from a lack of sleep and the relentless rain and danky dark that is this morning isn't doing a lick to motivate me. It is times like these when I am so immensely glad for coffee and my timer for lo, at the moment I wouldn't mind just crawling back into bed myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home