Thursday, January 26, 2006

Thursday Miscellany


Annoyance
The diswasher isn't washing. Now I have to do everything by hand, including the supposedly clean stuff that is sitting in there with spinach crust all over it. Eeew.

Things To Be Thankful For
Hot and cold running water. Sheesh, it's not like I have to take my dishes to the river and beat them on a rock.

Birthday Fever

At 11:10am PST, The Child officially turned 12. I can't 'bebeeve' it. We were late to school because I let her open presents from Aunt Tracy and Nana. But what are you going to do? She doesn't get to open her family presents until tonight, when Papa can be there. She doesn't get her birthday dinner until tomorrow night because she wants sushi and Thursday is the crazy extracurricular day (Drama Club, then choir and we're not home for dinner until 7). Her party isn't until Saturday. And you have to start out your birthday doing something birthday-like. She took 19 mini-bundt cakes to class for the lunch-time party. This was the first time that she's had the wherewithal to help with the preparations. I love having a child who loves to cook and bake. Takes such a load off the ol' mater.

Piddly Stuff
For someone who doesn't have a paying job I sure have a lot of paperwork. I am astonished at the way it piles up, even though I try hard to practise the "touch it once" principle of paper management. Today I'm going to listen to the Flylady radio show and plug away at it all. There isn't a thing in the stack that will take longer than a few minutes to deal with but deal with it I must because just knowing it is there makes me feel itchy.

Note to Self
Get a shelf installed over the Viking, sooner rather than later. Charge cell phone. Now.

Project Runway
The fabulous Tim Gunn was fabulous last night. He was very bitchy about one of the models. I'd never seen him like that before. The evil Santino survived to design another day but it is more and more clear that he really isn't all that talented. Maybe next week he'll finally be out.
Nick threw a fussy queen hissy fit. Daniel is adorable. Chloe is so tiny I bet you could fit her in a shoe box. Love her.

Next Thing We Do
The Child used to say that all the time.

I am in a purging mood. Not the Lindsay Lohan kind, the "geez, you think we have enough stuff?" kind. It's a winter thing. Being in the house all the time makes me notice more. I am actually pretty good about flinging and decluttering. Nothing new comes into the house without something old moving on to bless someone else. But I still think I'm going to do 27 fling boogie in every room of the house today.

Blogging Tomorrow
I'll be posting late in the day. From 10-3 tomorrow I'll be helping out at a big fundraiser for Maria with her special guest, Hillary Clinton. We have to be vetted by the Secret Service and everything. It should be big fun, assuming the NSA hasn't actually been spying on me. If that's the case, I'll be blogging from GitMo or wherever it is they put suspect housewives. I'll keep you posted.

Big Decision
We have two Superbowl invitations.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Eric opined...

First Half Cooney's, Second Half Bucholz. I mean sheesh they are just down the road from each other.

January 26, 2006 12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Nice Lohan crack in there. Didn't see it coming.

Give my love to President Clinton. The future one, I mean.

January 26, 2006 12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

MMMMMM Lohan Crack

January 26, 2006 12:37 PM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

Sigh. I have tried FLYing. After pouring over the (very small) section devoted to people with jobs outside the home and attempting to put in into practice, I'm convinced they must be doing coke to make it work.

January 27, 2006 8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Or Lohan Crack.

January 27, 2006 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home