Friday, October 07, 2005

TGIF

It's been such a crazy day.

Began with a meeting that I can't blog about (but it had absolutely nothing to do with testifying in front of a grand jury for the fourth time like some very naughty person I could name). That was all good. I stopped by the gas station on the way home and had to pay $5 cash money for gas because I left my new gas card at home. (Did you know that $5 does not buy a lot of gas?)

So I get home, check email and then collect The Dog so I can take him to school for the Blessing of the Pets service, in honor of St. Francis of Assisi. He trots out oh so happily because he just loves being with his family (and of course, had spent the morning cooped up in the kitchen). Turn the bolt on the door, walk out and realize that my keys are on the other side of the door. The wrong side. We gave our spare key to my BIL last July when we went on vacation. He still has it. And, because things like this never happen when you've got your act together, the battery on my cell was all but dead.

So I go to The Neighbor's and use her phone to call The Spouse, who very sweetly and without a single "Sheesh, how could you do something like that" says he'll be there in 30 minutes (all the way from Issaquah, no less). I call school and have to leave a message because everyone is at the prayer service. (Did I mention that it was early dismissal today?)

Dog and I wait. Spouse shows up. Go to school to get Child. Priest is still there and I explain the situation and ask if he would still bless our dog. He says "sure", I find Child, we get Dog out of car. Dog sniffs other, much bigger dog. Dog (ours) starts snarling at Big Dog. I practically hang him with his leash to get him to stop and then tell him that now he has to go to confession too for being a BAD DOG. Anyway, Father gave Dog (and Family) a lovely blessing and it was all good.

On another matter I have always wanted a Kate Spade bag. A friend recently gave me some of her wardrobe as part of a pre-move closet purge and nestled among the suits and raincoats and kicky skirts was a Kate Spade bag. Maybe not the one I would have chosen were I buying it myself but a perfectly lovely one and who am I to look a gift designer bag in the mouth?

But after a couple of months I am giving up on the bag. There's some sort of malfunction with a small screw on the handle which keeps coming loose no matter what I do. Consequently the bag keeps falling out of my hand or off my shoulder and life is just to short to be aggrevated by such a stupid and persistent inconvenience. Especially when said inconvenience could lead to losing said bag in a crowd. So I'm giving the bag to charity and maybe the person who finds it at a thrift store will have the hardware necessary to repair it and she will be very happy. It's back to the suede green Banana Republic purse for me. But you know what? It's all good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home