Friday, September 30, 2005

Big News

The background: Since The Child was about a year old I have been working on a book about family liturgies and how to keep the Church calendar through the year at home. It's been a fit and start process. Obviously. I was making a lot of progress on it last spring and then summer came, school was out and writing time was at a premium. But this week I started getting back into it, determined that I have got to finish the thing before Lent because there is no way I am going to sit in our Carnevale prayer circle and say, yet again, that "this is the year I finish the book".

The big news: Yesterday, while The Child was in choir practise, I started going through all the material I had, to assess where I was. That's when I realized that I really am almost done with this book. Seriously. Within 2, maybe 3 chapters. I made more progress in spring than I realized.

The gameplan: I have a ton of handwritten manuscript that needs to be typed into the computer. That will take me a few days and then I'll be clear about what is left to do. But I am so not kidding when I say that it really isn't much. (I realize I'm repeating myself here but those of you who know me know how long this project has been going on. I've started to feel about this book like I did about "The English Patient", it was never going to end).

And you thought I was going to say something about Tom DeLay.