Friday, July 24, 2009

I'll Be Tappin' My Toes To This All Day


You know that thing when you are totally familiar with a song but you have no idea who sings it and whatever radio station you listen to doesn't play a lot of pop songs and so the wisps of that song just float through the transom of your musical conciousness from time to time and you never grasp enough of it to be able, for example, to sing it at karaoke but you know you like it?

You know how to solve that? Have a teenage girl. Then when you are lucky enough to hear the song you can say, "Who is this?" and she can say (granted, with a self-important and smug tone in her voice) "Katy Perry".

I rather enjoy this little nymph. And she makes me feel better about the fact that my bangs need a trim. Actually, she makes me rethink the whole bangs-need-a-trim notion.

One technical note: the original video starts out with her making her vows every so sweetly. Unfortunately, not only do the bastids at the record labels still think that making it possible to share music with others will somehow cut into music sales, they have apparently figured out a work-around for media convertors. So the only video I could find to embed cuts off the very first part. But not the song. And it's Jukebox Friday. And it's about the music.






Katy Perry "Hot 'n Cold"

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

yup, toe-tapper all right.

i like the vegas song too by her.

July 24, 2009 7:42 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

I love this song..I play it on tap tap revenge..which is a game on my phone..I think it was intended for young kids..but I am one sorta.

July 24, 2009 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

A surprising selection. And by "surprising" what I really mean is "something that I like too."

July 24, 2009 10:15 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

I guess I need me a teenage daughter, because that always happens to me! I probably have like 10 songs that I love, but I have no idea what they are called or who sings them. I guess I'll have to put Iwanski on the case. :)

July 24, 2009 6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

That was truly great.

Except for the very end.

Peace

:+}

July 25, 2009 10:40 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

You just can't Google 'What's that song that goes la-la-la-la-la' can you..
The Child is indespensable!

July 25, 2009 3:56 PM  
Blogger Molly Alyssum opined...

This comment has been removed by the author.

July 27, 2009 8:08 AM  
Blogger Molly Alyssum opined...

"you're so gay" is also a clever one although it does offend homosexuals so that's not good.

July 27, 2009 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home