Friday, July 17, 2009

You Still Got It (The Right Stuff)


A little over a week ago I took The Child and one of her best buddies to see New Kids on the Block. Yeah. I am so not the Worst Mother in the World.

The friend had never been to a concert before, so that was cool. As far as I knew there weren't any opening acts but shortly after we found our seats they introduced Jesse McCartney. If you don't have a prepubescent or teenage girl in your house this will mean nothing to you. My girls, on the other hand, pretty much died and went straight to heaven.

Then New Kids came on. And sure, a friend of mine suggested that they should be calling themselves Old Guys Who Have Been Around the Block. And yes, Donny appeared to be wearing some sort of truss (seriously, but it didn't seem to interfere with his dancing). But I'm not lying when I tell you it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Joey is still adorable, Jordan can still sing falsetto and Donny raps better than ever. Hey, mock if you must (and I know some of you (JP) must) but they were ON. We were on our feet for 2 solid hours, an audience full of moms who once loved NKOTB and their kids, a whole new generation that appeared to love them just as much.

They did all their hits from the 80s (and yes, they did the correct footwork when they sang "The Right Stuff". That was important). Throughout the show they worked in some solo stuff and tossed in new songs from their comeback. This was our favorite song from the latter lot. The chorus has been running through my head for two weeks so I have to play it now.

New Kids on the Block "Dirty Dancing"

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

Yay!!!

Peace

:+}

July 18, 2009 1:45 AM  
Blogger Kendall opined...

NKOTB still rock in my book!

July 19, 2009 10:02 AM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

I have to admit that, except for the name, I don't remember NKOTB. I know who Jesse McCartney is, though, and am still wondering how he talked Ludacris into singing with him on How Do You Sleep.

So far I've avoided musical adventures with the girls, but Dear Husband says that the Cheetah Girls were awesome.

July 19, 2009 2:54 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

You are a good Mom!! Can't say that I would go to that concert--but glad you had fun! :)

July 19, 2009 7:39 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Pretty cool when you can go to a concert with The Child,and enjoy it just as much as she does.

July 19, 2009 8:26 PM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

Is their new album called "Hangin' Tough with Liptor"?

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

July 20, 2009 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home