Monday, December 10, 2007

Things I Have to Do Before the Appraiser Gets Here at 1

Try and clean the mildew off the bathroom ceiling.

Retouch paint on the living room door.

Hide the horrible stain on the living room floor created by sick cat peeing on dog bed. (I think she's not long for this world).

Vacuum.

Dust.

Mop the floors.

Scrub down the Big Ass Stove.

Sweep front porch and clean window trim in vain attempt to distract the appraiser from the fact that the house really needs to be painted. (Good thing we're just refinancing and not trying to sell).

Do enough laundry that the laundry area looks like it is not about to take over the house. (Which it really is trying to do. Stupid laundry. Why do these people need so many clothes?)

Hide the big cat pee stain on The Child's bed because I don't have time to launder her bedding as well. (Did I mention that I don't think The Cat is long for this earth?)

Patrol for dust bunnies and assorted other dust creatures.

Tidy up the back deck.

I really should do something about all the weeds in the gardens but that so isn't going to happen. It's winter. They add a touch of vibrant green to the brown of all the dead stuff. Yeah. That's it.

Build a fire so that the living room looks charming and cozy and will perhaps distract Appraiser's eye from the leak stain on the ceiling. Never mind. Cowbell says that's a bad idea.

Bake cookies right before Appraiser comes to distract him from any other failings that could cost us.

Thank God I can brag about the fact that the house has all new wiring and plumbing. Hope the toilet doesn't clog right before Appraiser shows up.

Degrime the family room.

Pray that Appraiser is in a very jolly mood today. I'll have to do that while I'm scrubbing the bathroom floor.



After Appraiser leaves:

Make vet appointment for sick cat. Start planning funeral.



Wish me luck.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Red Seven opined...

Poor kitty. Much sadness.

(That, and there's no living with cat pee. Sorry, but there it is.)

December 10, 2007 9:36 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yeah, it really sucks, Red, but we got like, what, almost a whole 9 extra months with her? She is very listless, very skinny and well, incontinent. It doesn't look good. Wish I had time to just sit and stroke her. After 1.

December 10, 2007 9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

You have more to do before 1 o'clock than I had to do before the end of the year.

Very sad about The Cat, and The Child upon learning the fate of the aforementioned. Didn't this happen during the holidays last year, too? Maybe The Cat just hates holidays.

December 10, 2007 10:13 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yeah, JP, I need to look back and see when she was sick before. Could be a holiday thing. Didn't think of that. Maybe she just needs a kitty spa.

December 10, 2007 10:23 AM  
Blogger more cowbell opined...

Oh no, I'm very sorry about your cat, Lorraine. That's tough. Maybe you could make some mini diapers out of maxi pads?

Good luck with the appraiser -- just a thought, the fire might make him think about inspecting the chimney et all. (I had to do a chimney repair before I bought this charming little piece of hell.)

I am enviously salivating over your "all new wiring".

December 10, 2007 12:32 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thanks, Cowbell. It's going to be sad if she's doing what I think she's doing.

Good catch on the fire. Not to mention that it is 12:40, I just finished everything else and I am in no mood to schlepp wood from outside. Plus I'm totally sweating. Nix on the cozy fire. I'll just have to flash my gams if he starts to look up at the ceiling.

December 10, 2007 12:39 PM  
Blogger Doralong opined...

A nice skirt and a good pair of heels can get a gal out of many a predicament. Yes, I am a female sexist pig- but my friends tolerate me anyway.

December 10, 2007 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I'm exhausted with this topic.

December 10, 2007 4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

If I should manage to accomplish in one month all the cleaning you did in mere hours...my friends would think I'd been replaced by a pod person. ***sigh***

So sorry to hear about The Cat. It's never easy, is it?

December 10, 2007 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home