Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Another One of Those "Today I Sneezed" Posts

You know what's sad? Trying to sleep in and not being able to. It's not as sad as war, pollution, death, disease and wounds that won't heal. But it's kinda sad.

The Child is on mid-winter break. It's just yesterday and today but still. I woke up when The Spouse brought me my "snooze alarm" coffee (because he obviously didn't know there wasn't any school). I kept trying to go back to sleep, just because I could, but it simply wasn't happening. By the time I finally gave it up as a lost cause, my coffee was cold. That was sad, too.

Things that are not sad:

♦Shrove Tuesday. Having already had our carnevale indulgence, tonight will be a low-key affair, involving Dutch Babies and sausage. Breakfast for dinner. Yum. This will be followed by the traditional Shrove Tuesday viewing of "Gilmore girls".

♦Hearing back from recruiters. Yep. I made the first cut and am on to round 2. Which involves a test. Which I think I can pass because it doesn't involve parallel parking or algebra. And I have a week to do it.

♦My child. She is quite the little Perky McPerkerson these days, co-operative and virtually non-argumentive (which is huge for her). Don't know what that's about or how long it will last but it sure is nice.

♦Little dogs. The Dog's sister is visiting for a few days. They are adorable. It makes me so happy see them scampering about, chewing on each other.



And Cue the Spit Shot

The Child was full of President's Day trivia questions this morning, including the origin of the term "First Lady" and which president served the most terms and what you have to do to be impeached. This led to a little conversation about the Clinton impeachment. "What did he do wrong?"

"Well, pretty much he had an affair and lied about it".

Silence.

"It's bad to have an affair," she said. "But that seems like a dumb thing to impeach a President over".

"Yeah, I kinda thought so, too," I said.

She went about making her breakfast and then asked, "What was her name?"

"Whose?"

"The woman that President Clinton had an affair with?"

"Monica Lewinsky."

"Well, she just sounds like trouble".

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Iwanski opined...

Perky McPerkerson? Oh, I am stealing that.

February 20, 2007 12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

The child just cracked me up.

February 20, 2007 12:14 PM  
Blogger Seattle Coffee Girl opined...

I am so in love with your kid.

February 20, 2007 12:30 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

You're welcome to it, Iwanski.

I'm still wiping coffee off my keyboard, JP.

I know you do, SCG. And someday soon I'll be saying that about YOUR kid.

February 20, 2007 1:15 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

That is so totally funny. I will tell that story tonight, I'm sure of it.

February 20, 2007 1:59 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Out of the mouths of no-longer-babes, eh, Red?

February 20, 2007 2:03 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

You are raising one very smart, common sense kid.

February 20, 2007 3:26 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Well, thanks, Rosemary. Although she does still think that sugar is one of the main food groups....

February 20, 2007 4:15 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

You are SO busted trying to gloss over "Making the cut"..Way to go!! :)
As for the Child..Quotable Gold!

February 20, 2007 6:04 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Well, yeah, Sling. Goes with the whole "not thinking about the thing I'm totally thinking about all the time" strategy.

February 20, 2007 8:19 PM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

"well she just sounds like trouble"... umm, is that like a mini-mom statement? Cause, let me tell you, it would be just that in my home!

what are you giving up/ adding for lent?

February 21, 2007 6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home