Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Illness, Not a Lot

The Child is going to live.

She slept most of the afternoon yesterday and so did I. General headachiness and feelings of bleh abounded. It seemed perfectly reasonable to take it easy now and possibly ward off worse contagion and that's what we did.

Took her to the doctor today to have a tetnus shot as she managed to scamper over a rusty nail on Sunday. That'll learn her not to listen when Mummy says, "Those really aren't the best shoes for playing outside". (Open toed sandals with heels...what was she thinking?)

We just finished watching Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth". She's planning on doing a project on global warming for the school science fair and when I told her about the movie she asked to see it. Just happened to have it at the top of my Netflix queue. If you haven't seen it, you really must. The science is presented in understandable terms, it's amusing and as angry as some of it can make you, it also ends with a very positive "we can turn this around" message full of practical points on how to do so. Highly recommend the film, highly recommend acting on the information presented.

"Why wasn't he our President, Mom?" she asked when it was over. I'm too tired to explain that again.

Time for another preventative nap and then The Child asked if we could pretend that we are Hermione Granger and Ginnie Weasley cleaning up Grimauld Place as a surprise for Harry Potter. Grimauld Place being her room. Whatever works.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Grish opined...

Well get plenty of rest there and get to feeling better. I spent two weeks under the weather about a month ago, It ain`t fun.

I thought of putting that doc in my Netflix Q, guess I`ll have to now...

January 09, 2007 3:26 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Well get plenty of rest there and get to feeling better. I spent two weeks under the weather about a month ago, It ain`t fun.

I thought of putting that doc in my Netflix Q, guess I`ll have to now...

January 09, 2007 3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I'm begining to feel a bit sniffley myself so I'm having Airborne cocktails (sans pickle juice) tonight. Hope y'all get to feeling better. Oh and those shower soothers vaporizing tablets are really really nice - highly recommend.

January 09, 2007 5:06 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

You really must see it, Grish.

Eva, thanks for the recommendation...I saw a commercial for those tablets the other evening and thought they seemed like a right fine idea. Glad to know they work.

January 09, 2007 5:16 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Hot Toddies all 'round!..You know,..for medicinal purposes.
Okay,you might leave the brandy out of The Child's..but then it's just medicine.

January 09, 2007 5:28 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Hot toddy? Mama is so there.

January 09, 2007 5:35 PM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

Open toe high heel sandals are not acceptable play wear? DANGIT, now I have to go back to the store!

Hope everyone is feeling better!

January 09, 2007 6:54 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Loved that movie. Can't convince my dad the science teacher (former science teacher, but he still subs), but he won't see it. He really doesn't like Democrats -- well, except for me; he tolerates me because I'm his kid.

And if the shoe was on the other foot -- if Newt Gingrich made a documentary, would I watch it? Prolly not.

January 09, 2007 7:58 PM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

glad everyone is getting better

January 09, 2007 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home