Monday, May 22, 2006

Hot Diggety


The Child has been successfully sold to the gypsies sent off to environmental camp. She woke with a snarky voice and stuffy nose but nothing short of an intervention by the Mayo Clinic would have kept her home. She was positively vibrating with excitement. I also got a nice, protracted "goodbye" hug when I dropped her off. A little homesickness will do her good.

It is a very drippy day. Here's what I won't be doing: working in the garden.

I barely know what to do with myself. Even though I have every weekday to myself, the fact is that in the afternoon I have to stop what I'm doing to go pick up The Child and then it's homework and "clean your room" and all that sort of thing until dinner. Now I'm a free agent until The Spouse gets home and the hours are stretched before me to the horizon. I'm feeling a little giddy at the moment.

I think I'll make another pot of coffee, read some blogs and then get cracking on The Book. (This is the perfect time to bring that baby home).

9 Comments:

Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Don't forget to try the Age of Mythology expansion, if you haven't already.

May 22, 2006 10:27 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Pat, I like how you think.

May 22, 2006 11:38 AM  
Blogger Eric opined...

Your feeling giddy cause you are getting into the scotch a little early. Even for you.

May 22, 2006 12:01 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

What? I can't hear you...the music's too loud...

May 22, 2006 12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Was just catching up with the last few entries and was impressed as heck with The Spouse's attack on the Viking with a can of Jubilee and a length of bombazine. Just one question: can he be spared to do something about this dirty wax buildup on my baldachin? (For you non-Catholics, this does NOT refer to a cheesy Italian dialect remark about someone's lack of a goatee).

Also many thanks for the papal fashion commentary. Generally accurate, but failed to mention that smart little stola with the Scalamandre lining and the Hello Kitty embroidery.

Gotta try and get the tomato sauce off my fish hat. My, what a seductive bouquet this spot remover has!

May 22, 2006 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Wow - haven't heard "Scalamandre" since my decadent interior design days choosing fabric for people with more money than taste - it appears B-13 has both, in an ecclesiatic sort of way. Sure glad I don't have to iron for him. Also loved the baldachin reference - pity about the waxy build-up.

May 22, 2006 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Too right, Neighbor! Ironing a fish hat is no joke. Sister Immobilata has scorched her share of mine over the years--one of them I've had to wear backwards because of the big burn hole, but the ribbons get in my eyes and thus blinded I once gave extreme unctousness to a marmot.

She makes one helluva calzone, tho.

May 22, 2006 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Mmm. Unctous marmot. That is Lorrinskia's favorite snack.

May 22, 2006 4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

And what's more, Neighbor, don't you hate not having an accent aigu handy on your keyboard, because I'm certain the groundlings think we just mispelled the name of an amphibian instead of the most important fabric since lurex.

And to L.F., let's keep it our little secret: chrism makes a fabulous frying medium.

May 22, 2006 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home