Wednesday, March 15, 2006

OK, Maybe We Haven't Completely Failed. Yet.


Yesterday The Child was caught where she should not have been. She maintains that she was doing no wrong (other than being where she should not have been). Without proof of any other mis-deeds I think that's pretty much where it ends. But it did provide an opportunity to share the important life lesson of "avoiding the appearance of evil".

"Say", I said, "You're in high school and you're invited to a party. An older kid brings a keg of beer. Everyone is drinking except you. Two boys get in a fight and the cops are called. The cops decide to teach everyone a lesson about under-age drinking so they load everyone up in a paddy wagon and book them into jail for the night. What are the odds you're in jail?"

"99-100%", she replies. "But Mom, that would never happen to me because as soon as I got there and knew people were drinking I'd call you to come get me".

From her lips to God's ear.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Oh, she's good. So good in fact, that I'm certain she was coached.

Wasn't me, I swear.

March 15, 2006 11:01 AM  
Blogger Grish opined...

My Child is a little younger than yours must be. I worry about how he's going to be at that age every day because right now he suffers from a not so rare and curable form of juvenile Dementia. :P -:) Grish

Web definition for dementia:
The loss of intellectual functions (such as thinking, remembering, and reasoning)

March 15, 2006 6:00 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama opined...

*weep*

March 20, 2006 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home