Saturday, March 25, 2006

I'm Still in My Jammies. Bad. Bad.


One of my cardinal blogging rules is that I don't read any of my favorite blogs until I've done my own posting. I broke that rule today because I'm kinda bummed about something that happened around here last night and I don't want to talk about it. Now I'm even more bummed because I can't make any snide comments about Dick Cheney's hotel requirements because they wouldn't be anywhere near as clever as Pat's or John's.

This is just one of those mornings when everyone is prettier, smarter and funnier than me. Oh, yeah, and a better parent.

But on the "things couldn't be better" side of the equation, the Return of the Remote was a great and joyous ocassion. Mind you, we actually have 2 remotes for our tv. I do not understand all the intricacies of this except that while the Black One, which we had, controls inputs, volume and channels, the one thing it doesn't do is allow you to adjust aspect ratios. That is the job of the Grey One. The thing about aspect ratios is that there are all these different DVD formats, regular, full, cinema, etc. etc. etc. and if you don't get it right you're potentially looking at people with little squat legs and big heads. Which is a problem if you're not watching something with hobbits in it. The real point here, is that I was the one responsible for losing the remote. (It had fallen down between cushions on the couch. I know. That's the first place you would have looked. And I did. Just not hard enough). I think you can all appreciate what it means when a wife loses her husband's remote. Really, I'm lucky to be here.

It is also a really gorgeous day and since I've given up computer games for Lent, there's a darned good chance that I'll do some gardening this afternoon. Which might be exactly the tonic I need right now.

7 Comments:

Blogger Otilia opined...

gardening? It's frozen here for another month at least!

March 25, 2006 4:05 PM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Re: Dick Cheney's hotel requirements.

Thanks and sorry.

March 25, 2006 6:00 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Edy, For what it's worth, it looked warmer than it was and I damn near froze my fingers off.

Pat, It's ok. You would've been funnier even if I was feeling perkier. (Which, by the way, I am).

March 25, 2006 6:05 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Worry not.

You are clearly funnier, smarter and prettier than me.

And a better parent? Forget it. I have yet to spawn.

You got it all.

March 25, 2006 10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Our remote is called Frank. Frank Zappa... zapper... geddit! Ok, not funny. Throw the thing away. make the grey one greyer. Now, THAT'S entertainment :o)
charlie

March 26, 2006 2:21 AM  
Blogger Grish opined...

I still have a good month before gardening. I am going to BBQ tommorow though - Grish

March 26, 2006 3:38 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Iwanski, Thanks for the encouragement. You're right. I'm a better parent than anyone who hasn't spawned. Didn't think of it like that.

Charlie: You make me laugh.

Grish: A BBQ in March? That's entertainment.

March 26, 2006 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home