Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Glassware


Glass Half Empty

There is a weird smell in our living room. BBB, who came for tea yesterday, couldn't smell it. No one else in the family has said anything. But it smells like a fish peed. I've cleaned, mopped and burned incense but I still smell it. Weird.

There was too much drama in our house last night. You'd think, after all these years, we'd have figured out some way of coping with all the strong wills in this house without re-enacting Titus Andronicus. Metaphorically speaking.

It's raining.

I watched the President's press conference from yesterday. And I had to look at Karl Rove. Eeeww.

"Gilmore girls" was a repeat. Again.

Glass Half Full

The Spouse got a promotion yesterday. With money. Very unexpected, the latter part. Good on him. I can buy more incense for the fish smell.

Our puppy is so funny. He has secured a piece of tortilla and is prancing through the house with it. Apparently he'd rather show it off than eat it.

The Child sprang right out of bed this morning. And she seems quite cheerful. Could it be, at least for now, that she has recognized that we do the things we do (like ground her for sneaking out to play when she hadn't finished her homework) and insist on certain standards (like finishing her damn homework) because we love her and want her to succeed? Sometimes drama, even badly executed, has its uses.

Dripping is part of spring in these parts. And we've had so much snow in the mountains that, unless a drought starts right this second, we are going to have plenty of water this summer. This will make my garden very happy.

If W wasn't such a putz "The Daily Show" wouldn't be nearly as funny.

The Spouse and I watched "Napoleon Dynamite" last night. Sweet.

Conclusion

I prefer to drink from a half full glass. And I like to top it off. Pass the vino.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Diane S. opined...

The fish smell is from watching Karl Rove. DON'T DO THAT! Turn off the TV. Run away. Hide your head under a pillow. But DO NOT WATCH.

Lovely post. Really. You pulled all this stuff out of all these different places, and made something real and coherent out of it.

I wish I could do that.

March 22, 2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

When you aren't home, you next dor neighbors, the Mackerels, are breaking in watching your satellite TV.

March 22, 2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger Otilia opined...

Diane, you are just too damn funny.

Lorraine, start watching for it to turn to dead rodent smell.

March 22, 2006 3:39 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Diane: Thanks for the snaps. And you're right about Karl. I know you're right. In fact, he looks rather like a codfish...

Iwanski: Those damn Mackerals. I didn't even think about the sneaky bastards.

Edy: I hope that comment isn't born of experience...

March 22, 2006 3:47 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Half full......Half empty, I say it depends on what's in the glass.

March 23, 2006 4:45 AM  
Blogger Hina opined...

Too bad about the fish smell. I'd give you advice on how to get rid of it, but currently having to deal with some fish smell of my own, since my Husband decided to buy two fish for the house.

But... Kudos on the postive attitude! It's the best that you want to see the good, and then make it better for others.

March 23, 2006 6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home