Sunday, October 16, 2005

It's Nice to Be Loved




Oy. I haven't posted for two days and have I heard about it! I'm glad to have so many faithful readers. You all rock.

Spent the day at The Child's school as the Parents Club hosted a Fall Festival Pancake Breakfast and Pumpkin Patch. I was on the clock from 7am to 3pm. Toted barges, lifted bales (literally, that) and sold over 100 breakfasts to lots of seniors and families. We made a stack of cash and actually get to keep about half of it. It was very fun, despite the October bluster that kept blowing over our scarecrows.

More than once today I was asked what it is about Catholics and pancake breakfasts. I have no idea. Low investment for big return? Some Shrovetide carry-over? Maybe there is a tale shrouded in the mists of time involving an all-night-bingo bash and some quick-thinking Knights of Columbus. Couldn't say but I can tell you they make a mean pancake over there to St. George.

My friends Pat and Cheryl and their two daughters came, as did my BIL, and it was nice to have some of my posse around. Meanwhile, I continue to be really grateful to serve on the board with such a fantastic group of people...funny, creative, kind...every last one of 'em. Makes a girl pretty ok about spending a Sunday doing fundraising. (Ooh, probably theological implications there but I haven't time to consider them as "West Wing" is nearly on.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Hmm Interesting final thought. Especially considering the main theme of last nights West Wing.

October 17, 2005 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home