Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Good News, Bad News

Mr. Puppers was very happy to see me when I got home from my volunteer gig. He did many joyful corkscrew dances before lying on his back for a long over-due tummy rub. The bad news is that I managed to do so at an odd angle and have now tweaked out my back.

The Child has been reading the fifth Harry Potter. Using books on tape, she's been making great progress. She loves getting into bed with her book and reading for a couple hours. I've been waiting for just such a 'Sylvan moment' for a long time. The bad news is that she gets so engrossed that she stays up way past her bedtime and has been a real pain to get up in the morning.

Books on tape are an excellent tool for a dyslexic child. And anymore, they aren't recorded on tape but on CD. The bad news is that "books on CD" doesn't flow off the tongue like "books on tape".

Normally, I make our bed first thing in the morning. I didn't today, which is good news, because Mr. Puppers had an "event" and when he returned inside he decided he'd be happiest if he nestled his rank little hindquarters on our sheets.

Because my glass is always more than half-full I would like to add the following good things with no qualifiers: indoor plumbing, salmon for dinner, "Gilmore girls" tonight, freshly ironed napkins, sustaining cups of afternoon tea.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home