Monday, September 12, 2005

4 a.m.

I'm sleeping in seeming peace and then wake up because I'm having some weird dream. (We were battening down the hatches in anticipation of a hurricane. It was going to be big...75 mph winds. Oooh). So I get up and go to the bathroom and see that it is 20 minutes til 4. This is a little gift. I think, "Great...still 2 hours before I have to get up". I go back to bed and immediately start thinking about volleyball and how I have to register The Child. Of course, I can't do that until daylight but it starts niggling at me. Then I think about the fact that there will be a registration fee, which reminds me that I need to do the books. Of course, I still have 2 hours to sleep, right? It's not like I'm going to go fire up Quicken. So I try to put that out of my mind by thinking about how great volleyball will be because the coach is so awesome. Except then I remember that the coach is also the faculty rep. for the Parent Club Executive group, of which I am a member. And I promised to fill her in on the meeting we had Thursday because she couldn't make it. And I haven't done that yet. I also haven't distributed the minutes from the meeting, nor have I created the flyer that has to go into the Wednesday packet nor prepared for the room parent recruitment we are doing at the Wednesday night Parent Club meeting. But it's 4 a.m. I'm not going to get up and start pulling all that stuff together now. Geez. I still have 2 hours to sleep.

I tell myself that this won't do. If I'm not going to be able to do anything right now I have to stop worrying about it, right? So I try to think of sweet things. I think of psalms, of being in Ireland (never been but I like to imagine going). I'm drifting off and The Dog stirs in his sleep, bumping against my leg and waking me up again. My mind goes back to the volleyball/bill paying/parent club circuit. I try to calm it again. Sheesh.

I did go back to sleep eventually and I woke up when I was supposed to but I was tired and cranky. I just hate when that happens.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home