Saturday, August 27, 2005

Dallas, TX

Things I absolutely love about Dallas:

St. Augustine grass
cicadas
crepe myrtle
air conditioning
hardly any sales tax

Payson and I spent the day yesterday driving around Dallas, looking at the architecture and talking about design. We went to an estate sale where I scored some beautiful glass and silver wine coasters, a pair of brass candlesticks and a silver footed tray. We had BBQ at Sammy's and beer at the Ginger Man. We floated in the pool at the Y talking about politics, then went home for steaks and baked potatoes and long conversations about design and about faith.

Tonight we're hosting a small dinner party so soon we're heading out to get groceries. I will be preparing one of my famous fruit tarts and an adaptation of a fabulous fish recipe (I cook it on plates but since he's not sure his are oven-safe I'll be poaching the salmon instead).

There's a 30% chance of rain (not that you could tell at the moment) and a possibility of thunderstorms later in the day. Payson is really hoping I get to see one of their thunderstorms because they are big and dramatic and "fun". Pretty apt description of Dallas, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home