Saturday, August 20, 2005

Paper Work

It is part of my evening routine that I clear off my desk before shutting down the computer. This is part self-preservation, as I have a very small desk and part in keeping with my overall life philosophy which begins, "Start your day with a clean kitchen". I have a pretty simple and effective system for managing paper. I open mail next to the recyling bin. I have a large notebook ("control journal" in FLYLady parlance) which is used for storing and managing most household, extracurricular, entertaining and school related papers. I tuck bills into a designated folder. I almost always file bills as I pay them, fill out school forms as they come in and enter ATM slips into Quicken as soon as I've stowed the corresponding purchases. So explain to me why there is a stack of papers literally 3 inches high (I measured) waiting for my attention? Good thing I have a system, eh?

It's going to be a lazy, food-oriented weekend around here. Dinner tonight at Pizzuto's with our friends the Lawsons. Tomorrow an old friend of The Spouse's is coming for an after-church BBQ. Last time I saw this guy his new baby cried through our wedding. (I didn't realize that until I saw the video, though. There are no hard feelings.) And The Spouse wants BBQ chicken for dinner which means, drumroll, I will not be cooking this weekend. Except I think I'm going to make a fig tart. After I've dealt with that 3 inch pile of papers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home