Wednesday, August 24, 2005

To Do List

Tomorrow I leave on a mini-break to visit my friend Payson in Dallas. The Child and Dog are therefore being kennelled, if you will, with friends. My baby sister and her family are bringing their eldest up for college orientation and are spending the night here tonight. (A fine thing as they rate high on my list of "truly delightful people", plus I've scored a ride to the airport).

So my trip+packing for kid and dog+overnight guests = busy day. I have to:

bless the house (assorted small but key cleaning tasks)

do a load of laundry

get cash & travel toiletries, plus a new toothbrush for The Child

buy a new pair of shoes because the ones I was planning on wearing will certainly set off airport security and I just don't want the hassle. Plus Payless Shoes is having a sale.

pack myself

pack the Child and dog

wash the dog and his bed (oh, there's a second laundry load)

help The Child clean her room (just found the third load)

desk day (make sure all the bills are paid, check the status of accounts, that sort of thing)

make sure my tape recorder works

charge the digital camera and my cell phone

fix my manicure (I did my nails last night while watching the 4th disc of the 3rd season of "Gilmore girls" but the light was low and while I am digging the color, it rather looks like it was applied by an 8 year old)

This is the first trip I've taken by myself since I became a wife and mother. The Spouse has travelled alone for both business and pleasure. The Child has been away without us. Not me. Hmmmm. I shall muse on that while I have another cup of coffee and then I've got things to do!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Morris opined...

Susan M. Carr who plays the doctor in merlot, is in an episode of the Gilmore girls. She said it was a dance number. Sorry couldnt contain myself

August 24, 2005 8:32 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

MM- I just IMDb'ed (yes, it's a verb) Susan and have noted the episode she's in. It looks like it'll be on the next disc. She plays "Vocalist 1". Also, "Merlot" isn't in her credits yet but certainly it should be, don't you think? Doing indies enhances your street cred, doesn't it?

August 24, 2005 9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

How will I find stuff when you are gone?

August 24, 2005 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home