Friday, July 11, 2008

"I Will Now Sell Five Copies of The Three EPS by the Beta Band"


An applesauce cake to the first person who correctly identifies that quote. Next time I see you, anyway.

It's been a lazy week. It's probably the last week of it's kind for the foreseeable future. The Child will be back tonight and come September I'll have to be working in earnest to pay for things like high school tuition and braces. Which is groovy because I'm ready. I thought I was going to be all nostalgic for what is the end of an era but it turns out I'm not. I think, in fact, that the era ended a while ago and I just didn't realize it. Or maybe the nostalgia will come later. The fact is, I still have most of the summer ahead of me to enjoy with The Child. Next summer will be the big change...she'll have her high school friends to hang out with, maybe a job. I'll be working. This will be the last summer for lazy days, picnics, sitting in the back garden with a good book and a cool drink.

Yeah. Still doesn't make me sad. Not right now anyway. It's been a good run but it's time for a different schedule. Like I said, I'm ready.



Beta Band "Dry the Rain"

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Willym opined...

"This will be the last summer for lazy days, picnics, sitting in the back garden with a good book and a cool drink."

... until you retire and are surrounded by grandchildren... pleezz!!!!

July 11, 2008 9:00 AM  
Blogger Eric opined...

That would be John Cusak in High Fidelity

Yum Applesauce Cake

July 11, 2008 9:12 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Well, yeah, that. I guess I meant "last summer for the foreseeable future". (Those grandbabies better be at least 10 years out).

Yay! I was hoping I'd be the one to get the applesauce cake! Although, I guess I shoulda put on one of those "no employees of "Here's the Thing" or their family members" disclaimer thingys. Oh well. Too late. Applesauce cake for us.

July 11, 2008 9:36 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

I havent had a summer without a job since I was 16...I dream about having summers off...The way the economy is going who knows maybe I will have a summer off soon. Then I will kick myself.

July 11, 2008 11:21 AM  
Blogger danny/ink2metal opined...

change is good. it keeps us on our toes! but the "lazy days of summer" are awesome for getting off your feet to let those hardworking toes relax.

just keep an eye on the hat. she usually goes for the baby toes but she might be drawn to well-pedicured toes that twinkle in the sunlight. hehehe

anyway, enjoy these days with the child as long as you can.

July 11, 2008 11:32 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

My girl's gonna need another round of braces soon, too. Yuck.

July 11, 2008 11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no W)

Science Center, Zoo, Aquarium and the bite next weekend!!!

Peace

:+}

July 11, 2008 2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Lazy days, lemonade, cheetos, the sun, hammock, grandkids coming in a week....yup, it's a good summer.

July 11, 2008 5:38 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I'm pretty sure the applesauce cake contest was rigged..
Still,We got a thoughtful post,and an enjoyable melody outta the deal,so I guess it's all right.

July 11, 2008 7:18 PM  
Blogger Dtodd opined...

Darn, I knew the answer! "Anne" saw the movie with me but I bet she doesn't remember. Jack Black's first scene stealing role.

July 12, 2008 8:15 PM  
Blogger Willym opined...

Well I've got this summer job right now and frankly being in an office with A/C almost - notice I said almost - beats being out in a hot Roman summer. But at least I'll have all of August to spend all the money I've made. Oh dear regression has set in!

July 13, 2008 2:02 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

I want summers with lazy days, picnics, and sitting in the back garden with a good book and a cool drink to last FOREVER!! :)

July 13, 2008 6:55 PM  
Blogger Molly Alyssum opined...

ew... Dylan cannot have a job. Corporate America shall destroy her. Small little Boof face.

July 14, 2008 8:57 AM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

Wow. No one hardly had a chance before that applesauce cake pig went and snagged the prize.

(I'm pretending to be all put out and stuff. That, and Tin Men (is that the name?) are the ONLY John movies I don't love. Oh my gosh. He's ... he's even better than Steve.

(Really, what's the point of us standing on ceremony? Clearly, we ought to be on first names bases with those two.)

July 14, 2008 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home