Friday, November 02, 2007

Kids in Love


Dig the bit banner. The Hat made it for me. Of course she did. I can't do clever things like that. (clap clap clap)

On to today's video clip. I know nothing about this band. I listened to some of their other tunes and I liked them just fine. Lots of the other songs I listened to didn't sound anything like this but we all know that the ability to create ballads is di rigeur in rock and roll. Even hair metal bands had their ballads. Ballads are good.

Oh! I even heard them singing a cover of Rihanna's "Umbrella" (ella ella eh eh eh). Well, who doesn't like singing that, right?

Anyway, back to the tune. It's a little ballad about a boy and girl separated by distance but united by their dreams for the future. It's sweet and has a nice little hook in the chorus. JP is going to hate it. He should be grateful, though, because the song I woke up singing morning was a Hannah Montana tune. I'll spare you



Plain White Ts "Hey There Delilah"

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I do like it. But my sister wanted me to drive with her for 6 hours to see them in concert. I don't like it enough for that.

November 02, 2007 9:27 AM  
Blogger Traveling Matt opined...

Oh god... Lorraine, I know those dudes, and they are BAD people. I can't believe they managed to get famous. I can't listen to them on general principle. but you should feel free to enjoy. in their defense, it's been 6 or so years.

November 02, 2007 9:38 AM  
Blogger Seattle Coffee Girl opined...

I puffy heart that song. And I super puffy heart your banner. The Hat rocks, and so do you! TGIF!

November 02, 2007 9:49 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I would agree with that assessment, JP.

Holy cats, Monica! Really? Oh, I hope that they have shaped up because if they are still BAD people then I really can't endorse them. Ack!

SCG, we have to pretend it's being sung by very nice people.

November 02, 2007 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Great song! It almost sounds like any given Dar Williams song but, I happen to like her as well.
Also, it should be noted that I didn't so much "make" that bit banner as I did "steal" parts from other jukebox designs and stuck FRIDAY on top of it. End result = your happiness. Which, at the end of the week, is all that matters.

November 02, 2007 10:00 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Make, steal, potato, patato.

November 02, 2007 10:26 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

"One day I'll pay the bills with this guitar"..
Every little boy's dream..No snickering.

November 02, 2007 5:33 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

No kidding, Sling. Poetry it tis. Too bad about the badness.

November 02, 2007 10:14 PM  
Blogger Nunnie's Attic opined...

I LOVE THIS SONG!! I heard it for the first time this past summer at my sister's in SC. I promptly came home and pirated it from Lime Wire.

Love,
Julie

November 04, 2007 6:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Apparently, the back story to the song is the guy who wrote it met this girl, and he tried to impress her (get her into bed, no doubt) by writing this song for her. She was not that impressed. (Smart girl, especially if Monica's right about them.) The song, though, has become a hit.

November 05, 2007 12:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 05, 2007 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home