Wednesday, July 12, 2006

George Clooney



This is my brother, George Clooney. He was not very cooperative when I tried to capture his essential handsomeness. I warned him what would happen if I didn't get a good picture. He's probably sorry now that he didn't take me seriously.George and his family lived in Arizona for a number of years, only just coming back to the NW last summer (they're in Idaho but we'll count it, just for the sake of argument).

He is married to a very lovely, talented, patient woman. The last few years have been somewhat fraught what with 2 challenging boys, George getting his PhD (yes, that is the face of a Doctor of Music) and the subsequent employment issues arising therefrom. But George and Mrs. Clooney have infinite patience and faith and it is paying off. He is now more or less gainfully employed and they are settling into their new life. More importantly, they are close enough to participate, once again, in family fun.

George and I were super close growing up, the sort of closeness that affords us the ability to just pick up where we left off when we see each other. And it's weird because for as close as we are we don't talk a lot or email. My updates on the doings in his life are more likely to come from my mom, Dame Judi, than from him. And yet. I feel a bond with this very intelligent and talented man who I still sometimes call "Bubby" that has nothing to do with how often we chat.

George is very charming and funny. He loves baseball. He has a scar on his chin that is my fault because when I was 2 or something I put him in my doll stroller, because he was my baby Bubby, and the aluminum deathtrap collapsed and speared him. One of my earliest memories is of a hospital hallway. I think it was from that experience. Anyway, I'm really sorry about that but you know, a scar is kinda of distinguished, don't you think?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

But I always said it was a dueling scar. Oh well. Another heroic image dashed.

July 12, 2006 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

You "think" it was from that experience? And just how many babies did you hospitalize in this twisted childhood of yours? Hmmm?

July 12, 2006 12:44 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Judi, He's still dashing and heroic.

jp, I plead the 5th. (They haven't gutted that one from Constitution yet, have they?)

Indeed, Charlie, indeed. Oh, and sorry for the missing kitty accusations of yesterday. The shock of it and all that.

July 12, 2006 1:06 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Ed, I love Steve Lawrence. Why so silent about your cousin's wife, Edie Gorme? Hmmm? Hmmm? If I didn't know better, I'd think you were just dropping names to get attention.

July 12, 2006 3:42 PM  
Blogger Display Name opined...

George looks suspiciously like Gene Simmons in this pic, you know.
Hmmm, notice how you never see George Clooney and Gene Simmons together at the same time? I wonder...

July 12, 2006 3:47 PM  
Blogger Molly opined...

HAHAHA!! "Aluminum deathtrap" Laughed out loud on that one.

July 12, 2006 4:21 PM  
Blogger Amy opined...

First your neice... now your brother - sheesh - they better learn to take your camera seriously - at any rate, I certainly have enjoyed seeing the reunion piccies and hearing about all the family... I think it is very good.

July 12, 2006 5:25 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yeah, Amy, that whole "I have a blog and I'm not afraid to use it" thing didn't seem to resonate with them. Although I think it will next time.

July 12, 2006 6:43 PM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Um, I think maybe the scar is obscured by that ENORMOUS, FRAME-HOGGING TONGUE (although the orgasm eyes are merely distracting). Do you have any tongue-free photos?

July 12, 2006 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home