Saturday, May 27, 2006

First Thing

Here's a little something I'll bet you didn't know about me. I sometimes spend inordinant amounts of time looking through Google Images and save pictures to files so I have them on hand. I have little folders in "my pictures" organized by subject matter -politics, religion, household objects, French things - just to name a few.

As it turns out, I usually can't remember what I already have and don't bother to search through all those tidy little folders so I end up googling specifically for each day's post anyway, unless of course, I'm using my own pictures. But still, there are all these .gifs, .bmps and .jpgs waiting on my computer for the lucky day when they get to grace some of my prose.

So this morning I'm emailing my mom about just this and that but in signing off realized that it all sounded kinda bitchy (I sent it anyway because this is my mom, the person who loves me best in the whole world no matter what). But it was bitchy. You know why? This is why:















I knew that file would come in handy someday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown opined...

Never, never, never email before you have your first cup of coffee.

Unless it's to mom. Then it's okay.

:)

May 27, 2006 11:38 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

It's perfect!..If you don't mind I'd like to add it to my collection.

May 27, 2006 12:31 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Sling, My stolen property is your stolen property.

May 27, 2006 12:37 PM  
Blogger Display Name opined...

Oh my lord I do the same thing! To the point of needing extra storage space on my hard drive. I have all of these 'craft' fantasies of what I could do with the images. ZIP disks filled with allposters.com goodies. That's just nuts!

May 27, 2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

JA, Seriously nuts. I console myself with the fact that at least all this stuff isn't taking up cupboard space.

May 27, 2006 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home