Friday, May 26, 2006

Something Else Yummy


It is 8 and I am the only one up. Well, The Cat is awake and holding forth on something but it's nothing a scoop of tinned food won't solve. The Spouse has a 4 day weekend and is still in bed just because he can be. The Child is also still in bed because, I'm guessing, she hasn't been this comfortable in days. I'm calling her in "camped out" this morning. She might as well get an early start on her Memorial Week-end, too.

I need to get off to my standing Friday morning coffee klatsch and shop for groceries but I have a quick little side dish to share with you. It is healthy, Miss Pants, and it went great with the chipotle butter snapper thing.


Hot Black Bean Salad

1 tin black beans (or you can soak & cook the beans yourself but this is quicker)
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 c. frozen sweet corn

Place everything in a saucepan over medium-high heat until everything is warmed through.

Sheesh. That's easy. Well, yes it is but it's mighty tasty, too and has myriad applications within a variety of menues. In the case of the snapper, S&C, we used this as a bed for the fish. It was quite the yummilicious taste treat.

Right. Time to call school.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown opined...

Perfect side dish for the fish dish.

On another note, isn't it nice sometimes to be the only one up in the house in the morning? It's my favorite time.

May 26, 2006 9:37 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

S&C, You will love it. And yes, early morning with nothing but no one else active but the pets is definately my favorite time of day.

Let me know how you like the fish!

May 26, 2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger Hapamama opined...

oh I miss those quiet mornings alone in the house! Glad you got to enjoy one for yourself. I make a similar bb side but serve it cold. I mix the beans and corn w/cilantro and salsa or pico de gallo and serve it cold. Of course it's better if you make it ahead of time and let it set in the frig. oh yeah a splash of lime juice is tasty too.

May 26, 2006 4:04 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

I wonder if I can get my wifey to try one of this recipes. I'd just screw it up for sure.

I'm more of a outdoor chef because I can just take a water house and clean up after I'm done.

May 26, 2006 5:45 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Grish, Those little burgers could go on the grill...and you wouldn't technically have to make them tiny, either.

May 26, 2006 6:26 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

hapmama, I do a cold version of this as well. Sometimes I mix it up with couscous. In fact, I'm doing that for the bbq on Sunday. I bless the day I discovered black beans.

May 27, 2006 9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Yummm...thanks again!! :)

May 29, 2006 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home